How to apply for scholarships
Students across programs in the School of Health Promotion and Kinesiology (SHPK) may be eligible for a scholarship. Visit the TWU Scholarships Database and enter the keywords "Kinesiology," "Health Studies," or "Health Education" to locate scholarships designated for SHPK students.
Other financial aid information is available on the Financial Aid website.
- Biomechanics Scholarship: For graduate students majoring in Kinesiology with an emphasis in biomechanics and working in the biomechanics lab.
- Anne Schley Duggan Endowed Scholarship: For sophomore-level or above full-time students majoring in Kinesiology.
- Herb & Della French Scholarship Endowment: For a highly qualified undergraduate student pursuing a career in adapted physical education.
- Heritage Health Solutions, Inc., Scholarship in Kinesiology: For post-graduate degree Kinesiology students, with a preference for doctoral students and those interested in work with military veterans.
- Kinesiology Department Scholarship: For a full-time Kinesiology student.
- The Darlene A. Kluka Scholarship: For graduate-level Kinesiology student majoring in Exercise and Sports Nutrition, with professional promise.
- Ivalene & Robert Sherrill Scholarship: For graduate students majoring in Adapted and Developmental Physical Education with an outstanding record of service for disabled persons.
- Marguerite Ann Murphy Scholarship: For a full-time Kinesiology student.
- Sanborn Scholarship: For a full-time Kinesiology student.
Health Studies scholarships
- Mary Lynn Walker Drews Endowed Scholarship: The Mary Lynn Walker Drews Endowed Scholarship was established to be awarded to a graduate student in Health Education who shows promise as a potential Health Educator. This annual endowed scholarship was established by the family and friends of Mary Lynn Walker Drews. The recipients will be determined by a committee composed of two faculty members and one second-year graduate student in the School of Health Promotion and Kinesiology.
- The Williams Health Education Fellowship was created through a bequest by Dr. Janice C. Williams ’73.
- Jacinda Simone Kennedy Memorial Endowed Scholarship: The Jacinda Simone Kennedy Memorial Scholarship was established to provide a stream of support for scholarships for TWU students majoring in Health Studies.
Page last updated 10:50 AM, June 22, 2023