MHA – Business Analytics
In as little as 24 months, you can have your MHA with Business Analytics Emphasis and be ready for the next step in your career.
Learn the intricacies of technology interfaces and security within healthcare organizations.
MHA - Business Analytics program features
- Enjoy the flexibility of hi-flex class options, which is a blend of online and face-to-face delivery modes
- Classes take place on TWU’s Dallas and Houston campuses
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Courses may be taken in any order with the exception of a few courses with prerequisites
- Degree completion in little as two years or 51 credit hours*
- Extension of the standard MHA degree with only 12 additional credit hours
- Can be declared at any time through your advisor*
*Individual requirements may vary.
TWU's Accreditation Status by CAHME: Accredited with probation. Action plan in place.
Professional connections and certifications
After completing this degree, you will immediately qualify to sit for the Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) first level of medical informatics certification as a CAHIMS (certified associate). You can count this degree emphasis toward the experience requirements for the CPHIMS (certified professional): MHA + 3 years experience vs. bachelor’s + 5 years experience.
Careers & salaries*
With this degree, you have multiple career opportunities including:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager: $142,530 per year
- Medical and Health Service Manager: $99,730 per year
- Administrative Service Manager: $96,180 per year
- Hospital Administrator: $86,511 per year
- Operations Research Analyst: $83,390 per year
- Management Analyst: $83,610 per year
- Medical Practice Manager: $60,467 per year
- 45 semester credit hours in required courses including six elective hours (the six required elective hours may be used for the emphasis courses)
- A professional portfolio completed in your final semester and presented to faculty
- 12 credit hours for the Business Analytics emphasis. Six of the required electives credits can be substituted for 6 of the business analytics required credit hours.
Admission to the Master of Healthcare Administration
Sandra Murdock, Dr.P.H.
Interim Program Director
The College of Business programs in Health Care Administration admits students on a continual basis.
International applicants are encouraged to apply far in advance.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants with a GPA of 3.00 or higher in their final 60 hours of undergraduate coursework will be considered for unconditional admission.
- Applicants with GPAs between 2.5 and 2.99 in their final 60 undergraduate hours may be considered for conditional admission.
- GRE is not required.
The Healthcare Administration Program holds orientation for new students in the fall and spring semesters. It is a requirement that all new students attend one of these sessions. Information will be provided after your acceptance to the program.
How to Apply
Effective February 1, 2023: Students applying for Spring 2024 and beyond in the following programs will use the New Graduate Application Portal - M.B.A., M.H.A., M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education. All other programs, and those programs above wishing to start Summer or Fall 2023, will continue with the ApplyTexas application.* Please contact the Office of Admission with any questions at 940-898-3188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review Admissions Requirements for the program for which you are applying.
- Review the Admission to the Graduate School information in the Graduate Catalog.
- Create an account and apply for admission via the New Graduate Application Portal. In the application process, you will be asked to provide any supplemental documentation identified in the Admissions Requirements referred to above. *Students enrolling for Summer or Fall 2023 will apply through ApplyTexas.org and need to submit all required documents to their program of choice.
- Submit any required official test scores and transcripts.
- International students should visit the International Affairs webpage for additional information and requirements.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
Learn more at one of our Graduate Information Sessions
Page last updated 4:00 PM, February 7, 2023