Dual Degree: MBA and MHA
One college, two master’s degrees.
Acquire a fundamental set of health services management skills along with innovative business training at the same time. Our specialized dual degree program consists of 57 credit hours* which can typically be completed in three academic years. This is time well invested to obtain the skills needed to set yourself apart and be an innovative leader in both the business and health care sectors.
Dual Degree: MBA and MHA program features
- Enjoy the flexibility of online MBA and a combination of hybrid and face-to-face MHA class options
- Hybrid and face-to-face classes take place on TWU’s Dallas and Houston campuses
- Classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- 57 semester credit hours, not including program prerequisites, if required*
- GRE/GMAT required for MHA Admission**
*Individual requirements may add up to 18 credit hours in one or both degrees independently
**GRE/GMAT requirement is temporarily suspended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Why MBA/MHA at TWU
Complete two highly sought after degrees simultaneously
Two highly marketable degrees combined into one streamlined program. The MBA/MHA dual degree is designed to combine study of both general business and the business of health services. Students must apply to each program separately and be admitted to both. The program can typically be completed in three academic years if students attend on a full-time basis, depending on whether or not prerequisite courses are assigned. Graduates will receive both degrees.
A unique perspective in the business side of health care
The strength of the dual degree lies in the fact that it applies the theoretical concepts of business administration to the management of health care organizations. Graduates acquire skills in both the business and health care sectors to widen fields of career opportunities.
TWU's Accreditation Status by CAHME: Accredited with probation. Action plan in place.
Careers & salaries*
With these degrees, you have multiple career opportunities including:
- Director of Operations: $101,716
- Medical and Health Services Manager: $99,730
- Administrative Services Manager: $96,180
- Chief Executive Officer: $193,850
- Director, Revenue Management: $100,613
*Median salaries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Payscale.com
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the college for more information.
GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For applicants who have completed post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, a GPA of at least 3.0 for such coursework is also required.
Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be considered for provisional admission. Students admitted under this provisional admission must earn a GPA of at least 3.0 on first nine graduate hours at TWU with no grade below “B”. Failure to maintain this GPA may result in removal from the program.
Prerequisite coursework will be required of some students based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
Students are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
MHA: advanced standing
Advanced standing may be granted to applicants who hold a prior master’s or doctoral degree from an accredited U.S. university. This advanced standing means that an applicant may request and be eligible for waiver of certain foundation or core courses, in addition to the GRE/GMAT waiver as described above. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make the request for specific course waiver or transfer credit. In addition, the applicant must submit evidence of equivalent prior course work. Waivers are not automatic and are made on a case-by-case basis by examination of the content of each course requested for waiver/transfer credit. Each course accepted for transfer credit of a required core course must have been completed within the 6 years of the date that the MHA degree is to be awarded. Otherwise, these courses must be repeated.
Students who have completed the MBA or MHSM degree at Texas Woman’s University may be eligible for award of up to 12 semester credit hours of transfer credit toward the MHA degree, subject to Graduate School policies.
Admission to the Dual M.B.A. & M.H.A. Degree
Pushkala Raman, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
Dual MBA & MHA Admission Requirements
- Applicants with a GPA of 3.2 or higher in their final 60 undergraduate hours are not required to take GRE/GMAT for regular admission.
- The GRE/GMAT is optional for applicants with GPAs between 3.0 and 3.19 in their final 60 undergraduate hours. If the GRE/GMAT score is above the program preferred score, applicants may gain regular admission; otherwise, they may be admitted provisionally.
- Applicants with GPAs between 2.5 and 2.99 in their final 60 undergraduate hours must take the GRE/GMAT and may be admitted provisionally if their score is above the program preferred score.
- Prerequisite coursework will be required of some applicants based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
How to Apply
*All students enrolling for Summer or Fall 2023 will continue with the ApplyTexas application and will need to submit any required documents for M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education to email@example.com . .
Effective February 1, 2023: Students applying for Spring 2024 and beyond in the following programs will use the New Graduate Application Portal - M.B.A., M.H.A., M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education. Please contact the Office of Admission with any questions at 940-898-3188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review Admissions Requirements for the program for which you are applying.
- Review the Admission to the Graduate School information in the Graduate Catalog.
- Create an account and apply for admission via the New Graduate Application Portal. In the application process, you will be asked to provide any supplemental documentation identified in the Admissions Requirements referred to above.
- Submit any required official test scores and transcripts.
- International students should visit the International Affairs webpage for additional information and requirements.
For more information on graduate admissions or to contact an admissions official, visit twu.edu/admissions/graduate-admission/.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
For more information
Pushkala Raman, PhD
Director of Graduate Programs
Accredited and highly ranked
The College of Business is now accredited from AACSB International
—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), considered the world’s leading association of business schools. Less than 6% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction.
Texas Woman’s also ranks 6th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Page last updated 3:34 PM, May 2, 2023