Tutoring and Training
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)
LinkedIn Learning (powered by Lynda.com) is an online tutorial library provided free for TWU students. Utilize this service to enhance skills that relate to your courses. The high-quality instructional videos are taught by industry experts. Topics include:
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
- Adobe Products
- and much more..
These resources are intended to provide self-directed support for students with varying levels of familiarity with various software and other LinkedIn Learning/Lynda.com topics, and if made required, the overall time commitment of the course should be considered.
Mathematics and Technology Success Center
The Mathematics and Technology Success Center (MTSC), located on the TWU Denton Campus in MCL 307, is available to assist TWU students in reaching their educational goals in math and technology through technology programs and individual or group tutoring. Tutoring is provided for TWU students who are enrolled in math and technology courses or enrolled in any courses with math or technology components. They also tutor any statistics course and the statistical software: SAS and SPSS. For students that cannot come to campus, the MTSC also provides several online resources for math review, computer literacy and exam preparation.
OWLive - TWU Online Writing Lab Live
The Write Site has a program called Online Writing Lab Live (OWLive). Students can schedule live, online tutoring sessions with Write Site staff. OWLive combines audio, video, and chat for a synchronous online tutoring session. Like all Write Site services, OWLive is completely FREE.
Smarthinking is an online tutoring service that provides tutoring in Mathematics (basic math through Calculus including Bilingual Math), Biology, Introduction to Human Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Accounting, Introduction to Finance, Statistics, Spanish, Writing and Microsoft Office 2010 programs. It is only available to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in at least one Distance Education course. Tutoring in some subjects is available 24/7. With Smarthinking you can:
- Connect with an e-structor and interact with a live tutor.
- Submit your writing for any class to their Online Writing Lab.
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor.
- Use the iPad app to access live tutoring anytime and anywhere.
- Opt-in to text messaging for notification of the return of reviewed writing and for pre-scheduled appointment reminders.
- Speak voice-to-voice with your tutor using the voice-enabled whiteboard.
- Log-in to your Pioneer Portal Account.
- Click on "My Tools."
- Click on "Student Tools."
- Click on "Distance Education Tutoring."
Technology Requirements for Smarthinking
- Operating System – Windows (10/8.x/7.x/Vista/XP), Apple Macintosh (macOS version 10.4x or higher), Linux, and Google Chrome OS (Chromebooks)
- Browser – Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Microsoft Edge, Firefox 12.0 or higher, Google Chrome, and Safari 5.0 or higher
- Memory – At least 1 GB RAM and a Pentium Dual-Core or faster processor
- Internet Connection – 256 kbps or above
- For smartphones and tablets – You can download an optional free Smarthinking mobile app for Apple devices (iPhone®/iPad®) and Android devices.
Page last updated 3:46 PM, August 28, 2019