Blackboard is a web-based application which allows instructors to put class materials on the Internet. It provides a variety of tools to facilitate teaching and learning. The basic tools used in a Blackboard course include a syllabus, learning materials (documents, videos, etc.), discussions, calendar, email, announcements, grades, exams, and assignments.
Getting Started with the Basic Tools Used in a Blackboard Course
Get started learning about several important topics in Blackboard.
Blackboard Student Overview – This introductory course is in Blackboard covers details on many topics including navigating your Blackboard course and installing the Student app on your mobile device.
G Suite by Google
To be an effective student you will need to be familiar with Webmail. Your email is a Google Mail or Gmail account. TWU provides you unlimited access to G Suite by Google. This gives you access to additional applications including Calendar, Chrome Sync, Classroom, Contacts, Drive, Docs, Forms, Groups, Sheets, Sites, Slides, Talk/Hangouts and Vault. Here are some resources:
- G Suite Learning Center – Get the most out of G Suite with training guides, tips, and other resources.
- 20 Questions: Google – See how much you know about Gmail, Drive and Docs by answering these 20 online trivia questions.
Search Online Resources for Help
- Getting Started with Blackboard
- Blackboard Help for Students [Step-by-step Documentation]
- Blackboard Learn: For Students [Videos]
Contact the TWU Service Desk for Technical Support
Page last updated 8:28 AM, January 30, 2019