Students must meet all deadlines for their desired term in order to graduate. For assistance and advisement, students should consult their academic advisors.
See one of the Graduate Services Analysts in the Graduate School for more details regarding exceptions.
- Commencement information will be available on the Registrar’s website 6-8 weeks prior to graduation.
- Diplomas are mailed approximately ten weeks after graduation.
- Students participating in the Denton commencement ceremony may order regalia/announcements from the TWU Bookstore, 940/898-3103, in the TWU Student Center, early in the semester.
- If you wish to continue your studies at TWU following your graduation, be sure to submit a new application through Admission Processing, Admissions Building 1st floor, 940/898-3076.
All forms for graduation from the Graduate School may be found on the Forms page.
Application for Graduation: The online application is required for all graduating candidates; it must specify the exact name and degree which are to appear on the diploma and be completed no later than the published deadline. If the final deadline is not met, another Application for Graduation and an additional $40 must be submitted no later than the published deadline for the next semester.
Certification of Final Examination: Upon completion of coursework and/or final examination (oral or written) or professional paper, the student’s committee will sign this form and send it to the Graduate School to record the result of the examination. Please do not submit an unsigned form to the Graduate School.
Address and/or Name Changes: If you need to make a change in your name or mailing address for your diploma, please contact the Graduate School. Students should notify the Registrar’s Office in writing of any change in address or name for their permanent TWU student record. In the event a diploma is not deliverable due to an incorrect address, a student may request a duplicate through the Registrar’s Office.
Thesis/dissertation submission and degree completion information (including forms): Please see the Thesis and Dissertation page.
Deadlines for December 2018 graduation
- Be enrolled at TWU for the Fall term. Exceptions may be made for students who submit all requirements to the Graduate School by August 24, 2018.
- File Request for Reduced Tuition - Code 3 with the Graduate School by August 30, 2018.
- File Application for Graduation with the Graduate School by September 12, 2018.
- If you need to roll over your application for graduation to a future date, do so by October 26, 2018.
- File Certification of Final Exam (Dissertation, Thesis, Professional Paper) or Certification of Final Exam (Coursework Option), Change of Grade forms, Degree Plan changes, all copies of thesis or dissertation, and all forms required for graduation by November 16, 2018.
December 2018 Graduation Deadlines [pdf] available for printing.
Deadlines for May 2019 graduation
- Be enrolled at TWU for the Spring 2019 term. Exceptions may be made for students who submit all requirements to the Graduate School by January 11, 2019.
- File the online Application for May Graduation with the Graduate School by January 30, 2019. (August graduates, excluding Ph.D. candidates, desiring to participate in the May ceremony must apply by this deadline).
- File Request for Reduced Tuition - Code 3 with the Graduate School by January 17, 2019.
- File Certification of Final Exam (Dissertation, Thesis, Professional Paper) or Certification of Final Exam (Coursework Option), Change of Grade forms, Degree Plan changes, all copies of thesis or dissertation, and all forms required for graduation by April 12, 2019.
May 2019 Graduation Deadlines [pdf] available for printing
Page last updated 12:45 PM, August 9, 2018