BE AWARE! The graduation application deadline is EARLY, within the first two weeks of the enrollment term.
Graduation deadlines for December 2022
scroll to see the full table⇨
|Due Date||Required Forms and Important Information|
|August 26, 2022||
Early Deadline: To be eligible for December graduation you must be enrolled at TWU for the Fall 2021 term unless you submit all requirements for graduation to the Graduate School by August 26, 2022.
To meet Early Deadline, please submit the Early Deadline Form by August 26, 2022.
The Early Deadline form cannot be used as an application for graduation. All students must submit an application for graduation online through WebAdvisor.
|September 2, 2022||
Last day to file a Request for Reduced Tuition. To qualify to reduced tuition students must meet all three of the following conditions:
* Capstone enrollment does not qualify for reduced tuition.
|September 14, 2022||Last day to apply to graduate. File the online Application for December Graduation with the Graduate School. December graduates desiring to participate in the Fall ceremony must apply by this deadline.|
|October 28, 2022||Deadline to submit defended thesis or dissertation to department chair for review.|
|November 18, 2022||
Last day to Roll-Over your graduation to a future date (fees may apply).
Please submit the Graduation Rollover Application
|November 18, 2022||
Last day to submit all requirements for graduation:
Please review the Degree Completion page on the Graduate School website & the graduate catalog for more information for graduating students.
|December 16, 2022
December 17, 2022
|Denton Commencement ceremony dates. NOTE: College ceremony dates and times will be determined during the month of November based on the number of students who have applied to graduate. Please review the commencement schedule from the office of the Registrar for more information.|
|December 14, 2022||Houston Commencement ceremony date. NOTE: Houston commencement ceremonies venue vary each semester. Ceremony dates and times will be determined during the month of November based on the number of students who have applied to graduate and the selection of the venue. Please review the commencement schedule from the office of the Registrar for more information.|
Diplomas are mailed approximately ten weeks after graduation. For a duplicate diploma or for issues regarding the delivery of your diploma, please contact the Registrar's office.
General graduation information
You must be enrolled in the term in which you are graduating. Apply to graduate no later than:
- The 12th class day of the Fall semester for December graduation
- The 12th class day of the Spring semester for May graduation
- The 12th class day of the Summer "semester" for August graduation. (Note: August doctoral graduates may participate in December commencement only. August master's graduates may choose to participate in May or December commencement. If participating in the May commencement, students must apply by the May graduation deadline. The term 'graduation' refers to degree completion and conferral; the ceremony is called 'commencement'. Although students completing master’s degrees in August may elect to participate in May commencement, they do not graduate until August.)
- Late applications for graduation are not accepted. Applications must be received by the deadline in order to start the degree audit/certification process. Students that do not meet the deadline may consider early deadline to save on enrollment costs for the next semester.
- A student cannot graduate with a grade of Incomplete on her or his transcript. This applies even if the 'I' grade is in a course unrelated to the student's degree plan.
- If a student who has applied to graduate determines he or she is not able to meet the submission deadline, which is the last day to file documents required for graduation with the Graduate School, then he or she may request to 'rollover' his or her application for graduation to a future semester by submitting the Rollover Form, available on the Graduate School website. This request must be completed by the 'rollover' deadline which is two weeks prior to the submission deadline. By meeting the 'rollover' deadline, the student does not have to reapply for graduation or pay another application fee. After the 'rollover' deadline, any student who is unable to meet the submission deadline must reapply online for graduation. A student may request to 'rollover' her or his application twice. After two 'rollovers' have been granted, any failure to meet the submission deadline will result in the student being removed from the graduation list and will require the student to reapply for graduation and pay another application fee.
The requirement that a student be enrolled in the term in which she or he is graduating may be waived only if all the following criteria are met on or before the Friday prior to the start date of the next term:
- All degree requirements must be met;
- An Early Deadline form must be submitted to the Graduate School;
- All forms and documents, including thesis or dissertation if applicable, must be submitted to and approved by the Graduate School; an application for graduation must be submitted for the graduating semester, which is the next term, and the application fee must be paid.
The student will have their degree conferred at the end of that semester. Students can request, in writing, a letter of completion from the Graduate School stating that all degree requirements have been met along with the official date the degree will be conferred. In addition, the request for a letter of completion must include:
- The student’s name and ID number;
- The names and addresses where the letter is to be sent; and
- A request that a copy be sent to the student via email.
Application for Graduation/Fee: The online application is required for all graduating candidates; it must specify the exact name and degree which are to appear on the diploma and be completed no later than the published deadline. If the final deadline is not met, another Application for Graduation and an additional $40 must be submitted no later than the published deadline for the next semester. The application fee cannot be waived.
All forms for graduation can be found on the Forms & Resources page.
Thesis/dissertation Submissions: Please review the Thesis and Dissertation page for a complete list of all forms and documents required for thesis/dissertation submissions.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of coursework and/or final examination (oral or written) or professional paper, the student’s committee signs and submits this form to the Graduate School certifying that the student has completed all requirements for the degree. This form is generally submitted on behalf of the student by the academic component during the month the student is expected to graduate.
Diploma Name/Address Changes: Any change made to your name as it appears on your diploma, or a change made in the diploma mailing address must be submitted no later than the Monday before the scheduled commencement ceremony. Requests for changes must be emailed (from the student’s secure TWU email address) to Karen Bartel, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, we recommend notifying the Registrar’s Office in writing of any change in your name or address for your permanent TWU student record. For a duplicate diploma or for issues regarding the delivery of your diploma, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
Denton commencement ceremonies are held in Pioneer Hall, located on TWU’s Denton campus. Pioneer Hall is located on Bell Avenue, just north of Administration drive. Please review TWU Campus Maps.
Houston’s commencement ceremonies venue varies each semester.
Commencement information will be available on the Registrar’s website 6-8 weeks prior to graduation.
Students participating in the Denton commencement ceremony may order regalia/announcements from the TWU Bookstore, 940/898-3103, in the TWU Student Center on the Denton campus. Please order regalia as early in the semester as possible.
Diplomas are ordered after commencement each term. Diplomas are ordered from an outside source and are typically received in the Registrar’s office about four weeks following commencement. Each student must be certified for degree completion as well as confirmation that all financial obligations to the university have been met (including library and parking fines). Diplomas are generally mailed four to five weeks after degrees have been posted to the student's transcript. Students are responsible to provide an accurate mailing address to the Graduate School. Diplomas are mailed by the Registrar's office; all diplomas queries should be directed to that office: 940-898-3036.
If you wish to continue your studies at TWU following your graduation, you must submit a new application for admission through ApplyTexas.org.
Page last updated 3:13 PM, June 8, 2022