Submit an Abstract
Founder’s Day Forum
Tuesday, October 2, 2020
8 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
We are dedicating this day to “Embracing the Art and Science of Nursing". There will be no cost to attend this online event. This is an opportunity to showcase not only individual achievements but also team and organizational accomplishments.
Key Learning Outcome: To examine, discuss, and apply the art of nursing, research and evidence-based practices related to nursing practice and education.
Please email email@example.com for any questions regarding suitability of content. Podium and poster abstracts are welcome.
- Abstract submissions will be peer reviewed. See Abstract Rubric for review criteria.
- All communication will be directed to the primary presenting author only.
- Conference registration is required for the primary presenting author for both podium and poster presentations.
- Sigma is committed to worldwide collaboration. Please include global implications as relevant to your work.
- Microsoft word document
- Times New Roman font, size 12
- Double spaced
- Section Titles emboldened
Guidelines for Your Abstract
- The subject material must be significant to nursing.
- The abstracts must be free of commercial bias.
- The abstract length is limited to 400 words or less.
- For evidence-based abstracts and other projects, identify the Plan/Methods.
- For research abstracts identify the Design.
- If accepted, podium presentation slides and/or poster will be published online after Founder's Day on the Sigma Beta Beta Houston Chapter website with authors' permission assumed.
- Winner of the best poster awards will be announced at the conclusion of the conference.
- Accepted podium presentations will be 15-30 minutes in length.
- DEADLINE: September 7, 2020 by midnight
- Abstract title
- Presenting author’s name, credentials, title, organization name, email, and phone number
- Presenting author’s (if applicable) school and program of study
- Presenting author’s (if applicable) Sigma Chapter
- Additional authors’ names, credentials, title, and organization
- Podium submissions: Include a short biographical statement about the primary presenting author that could be used as an introduction
- Preferred format: podium, poster, or either podium or poster
Page 2 Do not include name or identifiers on this page
- Abstract title
- Plan/Methods (if evidence-based or research abstract)
- Design (if evidence-based or research abstract)
- Implications (for nursing practice, education, or research)
- Include three scholarly references (e.g., science journal articles, books).
- References should be no older than five years, unless they are a seminal work.
- APA format style should be utilized with the inclusion of DOI.