Planning & Design Services
Director, Planning and Design Services
The Planning & Design Services department is responsible for coordination and oversight of all projects which impact the campus built environment. The department provides management and oversight of long term planning for sustenance and capital renewal programs. It develops and assures adherence to architectural aesthetic controls for all TWU facilities. Coordinates TWU standards for interiors with executive management personnel. Planning and Design Services also serves as a liaison between design consultants and the TWU stakeholder. Responsibilities include conveying university standards to the consultant and communicating end results to executive management as well as the faculty/staff stakeholders for final approvals.
- Provides in-house furniture and interior finish solutions for individual faculty and staff offices as well as public spaces.
- Responsible for assisting the end-user in the formulation of scope, identification of furniture solutions and the establishment of a budget. Focus is placed on compliance with TWU furniture/finishes standards and the end-user is provided assistance as they navigate the procurement process.
- Coordinates with TWU departments for the procurement, management, and evaluation of professional consultant services for architects, engineers and program manager.
- Oversees the design of major capital projects and assists with the implementation of the Master Plan for all campuses.
- Serves as TWU’s representative of major capital projects, which includes acting as a resource for students, faculty and staff.
- Provides assistance and guidance to colleges and departments as they formulate proposals for new and renovated facilities.
Page last updated 12:18 PM, June 21, 2021