Pioneer Pride Dance Team
Become Part of a New Tradition!
The Pioneer Pride Dance Team seeks to bring school spirit to Texas Woman's. The dance team made its debut in Fall 2017. Pioneer Pride performs at various school functions, athletic events, and community events. In 2019 the team was first runner up in Division II Open, as well as third runner up Overall in the Division II category at the ADTS Nationals at UNT in Denton. They were also awarded Academic Champions for the College Division. The team then went on to compete in Daytona Beach, FL at NDA Nationals where they placed fourth in the nation.
2019 - 2020 Roster
Brooke Ashmore (Co-Captain)
Caroline Cave (Co-Captain)
Maddie Hoffman (Co-Captain)
Auditions will take place Friday, April 17, 2020 from 6pm-10pm and Saturday, April 18 from 8am-4pm at the Kitty Magee Arena 1600 Bell Ave. Denton, TX 76204.
Candidates should wear a solid color dance top and solid black spandex shorts, or black top and black gym shorts for male candidates. Hair should be worn down and Game Day ready. Bring tennis shoes, jazz shoes, and a bottle of water.
How To Prepare For Auditions
Each Participant Will Need:
- 2020 Audition Application will be available online in January (all materials listed below will be submitted online)
- Liability Waiver
- 2 reference forms filled out online (include one from your current or most recent dance director)
- One headshot photo (any attire) and one full body shot photo (crop top and spandex shorts)
- Copy of TWU acceptance letter
- Copy of unofficial transcript
- $30.00 tryout fee - checks made out to TWU (memo - Pioneer Dance team tryouts)
- Driver’s License number and Date of Birth required on all checks
- Performance of the following jazz dance elements: grande jete, calypso, Russian leap, double pirouette on left/triple pirouette on right, at least four turns in second, toe touch, tilt jump
- All dance team members will be expected to attend summer practice on campus July 18-24, 2020 and NDA camp at SMU July 25-27, 2020.
Page last updated 1:38 PM, October 30, 2019