COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Texas Woman’s University is proactively developing policies and procedures that best ensure the health and safety of our community. As a result, Fitness and Recreation has added expectations for those using our facilities.
- Properly worn masks will be worn at all times when in the fitness centers, including working out. The exception will only be when swimming. Participants will be asked to consider warming up and cooling down more gradually. In addition, low to moderate intensity exercise is recommended.
- Participants will be asked to clean equipment after use. On the Denton campus, we will have an increased floor staff presence and may close off sections of the fitness center for additional cleaning. On the Dallas and Houston campuses, equipment will be cleaned regularly throughout the week, but patrons will be expected to thoroughly clean equipment after use.
- Reduced indoor capacity. Following best practices, we are striving for social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet at all times. As a result, you will see signage around the centers noting maximum capacities in particular areas. In addition, there will be limited seating options and designated cardiovascular equipment. As a result, usage may be staggered.
- Restrooms and changing areas will be available, but showers will not. Maintaining social distancing of at least 6 feet and properly worn masks is expected at all times.
- On the Denton campus, we will be offering outdoor activities and classes, such as yoga and slacklining, throughout the week. If social distancing can be maintained, masks will not be required. However, there may be times when close contact is needed. In those cases, masks will be required.
- Water fountains will be turned off, but water bottle refill stations will be available.
- Frequent handwashing is recommended.
Your well-being is our number one priority. Please access our Online Resources for programs and activities.
*All program offerings are subject to change
- Group Exercise Classes
- Intramural Sports
- Open Recreation
- Outdoor Adventure Program
- Personal Training
- Lounge Gaming
Page last updated 8:51 AM, October 15, 2020