Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students
- The Federal Parent Loan is a loan made to the parent of an eligible undergraduate dependent student for the student's allowable educational costs.
- The student for whom the Federal Parent Loan funds are borrowed must maintain at least half-time enrollment in an eligible degree program.
- These loans begin to accrue interest as soon as loan proceeds are disbursed; repayment begins within 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed or can be deferred while the student is enrolled at least half-time in an eligible degree program.
- The parent must also complete the TWU Parent Loan Request Form and submit the form to the TWU Financial Aid Office.
- NOTE: Dependent students may apply for additional Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loans if their parents are denied a Federal Parent Loan because of adverse credit.
Page last updated 3:39 PM, February 14, 2017