Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
- The Graduate PLUS Loan is made to degree or certification seeking graduate students enrolled half-time or more, who have been awarded or notified of their maximum eligibility for a Federal Stafford Loan.
- A credit check is required and FAFSA results must be on file with the Financial Aid Office.
- A creditworthy cosigner is required for applicants who fail the credit test.
- Students may borrow up to the cost of attendance minus other financial aid received.
- Interest begins to accrue from the date of disbursement and continues through any deferment or forbearance until the loan is paid in full.
- Payments of principal and interest may be deferred during periods of enrollment of at least half-time (6 hours/semester or more).
- Interest payments not made during periods of enrollment or deferment will be capitalized.
Page last updated 10:27 AM, March 8, 2016