Graduate Student Research Symposium
2017-2018 Graduate Student Research Symposium Information
March 23, 2018 at Texas Woman’s University, Denton, Texas
Registration Deadline - March 10, 2018
Limit of 20 posters per school
Sponsored by the Federation of North Texas Area Universities, the symposium includes:
- Welcome and continental breakfast for all registered attendees
- Poster presentations and judging
- Break-out meetings for Federation Committees
- Awards luncheon featuring keynote speaker
Who may participate?
Master's and doctoral students from the three Federation institutions may participate. Each university will be allotted space for 20 posters. Once a university has reached 20 posters, additional registrants from that university will be added to a waitlist. After the deadline, students from the waitlist may be invited to participate if there are open spaces available.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Texas Woman's University
- The University of North Texas
All attendees must complete an online registration form (hosted by UNT). There are no registration fees. Registration is currently open; the registration deadline will be March 10, 2018.
Each university will be allotted space for 20 posters. Once a university has reached 20 posters, additional registrants from that university will be added to a waitlist. After the registration deadline, students from the waitlist may be invited to participate if there are open spaces available.
All attendees will complete the Federation Research Symposium Registration Form. This includes:
- Faculty (Judging)
- Faculty (Not judging)
- Federation Committee members
- Student presenters - Students will be asked to include an abstract. Students presenting a poster together must register separately and list their co-presenter(s). Any award would be divided between all presenters.
Awards are given in two categories: 1) Education, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Business and 2)Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Please review the Poster Guidelines.
- 1st Place - $500
- 2nd Place - $250
- 3rd Place - $100