Bachelor of Science in Family Studies
TWU’s family studies program prepares you to interact with people of different ages and socioeconomic backgrounds to strengthen families and improve lives. Through this program, you’ll develop the knowledge and skills to work effectively with people who are experiencing the effects of poverty, abuse, changes in family situations and more.
Family Studies graduates have careers in:
- Adoption and foster care agencies
- Working with families in social service agencies ranging from child to geriatric
- Outreach agencies
- Adult and child protection advocacy
How to Apply
- First, apply to TWU via ApplyTexas.org and choose Family Studies as your major. You can check your status through the Office of Admissions Processing.
- Participate in undergraduate orientation. This is mandatory for all first-year and transfer students with fewer than 30 credit hours.
For more information
Nerissa LeBlanc Gillum, Ph.D.
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
Page last updated 3:10 PM, April 2, 2019