Multicultural Graduation Celebration
The Multicultural Graduation Celebration acknowledges the value and uniqueness of underrepresented student experiences and serves to commemorate and highlight the accomplishments of individuals within their familial and cultural context. The Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Outreach encourages all TWU Pioneers to learn more about how to apply and participate in this culturally-based graduation celebration.
Multicultural Graduation FAQs (Spring 2020)
When and where will the Multicultural Graduation Celebration be? The Multicultural Graduation Celebration will be held April 17 at Student Union at Hubbard Hall, Auditorium.
What ceremony can students participate in? Students can participate in one of the following celebrations:
- Multicultural Celebration: Multicultural Stole; Asian/Pacific Islander, American Indian, Multiracial identities, etc.
- People of Nia Celebration: Kente Stole; African, African American, Black identities
- La Raza Celebration: Serape Stole; Hispanic/Latinx identities
- Lavender Celebration: Lavender Stoles; LGBTQIA identities
Who can participate in the Multicultural Graduation Celebration? Any TWU student (undergraduate or graduate) who will be graduating in May 2020 can participate.
I'm on another campus or online; can I still participate? Yes!
- Houston students will participate in the Houston ceremony (TBD).
- Dallas students can participate in the Denton ceremony or will pick up stoles from Robert-Thomas in the Dallas Student Life Office.
- Online students who are 100% online can receive a stole upon verification of status.
Do I need to fill out an application/apply to participate? Yes! This is an application process and does not guarantee you a spot in the ceremony or a stole. While we would like to provide a stole and celebrate every graduating senior or graduate, stoles are limited so please apply early!
Where can I find the registration form? Applications will be available in March 2020.
How many guests may I invite? There are no limits on the number of guests you may invite, but we do ask you to be considerate of your peers.
What does it cost? Nothing! It is FREE for you and your guests.
If selected, do I need to attend the event to receive my stole? Yes, you must attend the event to get your stole. If you arrive late, you will NOT be able to participate in the ceremony. You MUST arrive on time.
When is the deadline to apply? The application for Spring 2020 will open Mar. 2 and will close at 5 p.m. on Mar. 20.
Who do I contact if I have questions? If you have a question, please contact us at 940-898-3679 or email Diversity, Inclusion and Outreach.
Page last updated 10:35 AM, March 23, 2020