Social Change Peer Educators
The purpose of Social Change Peer Educators is to heighten awareness and sensitivity regarding social issues within the Texas Woman’s University community through education, programming and training. They are students who demonstrate a passion for diversity, inclusion, social justice and improving campus culture. In doing so, Social Change Peer Educators will develop individual, group and societal values that will foster leadership and encourage positive civic change.
Program Guidelines and Expectations
Student Commitment: Fall and Spring semesters
Eligible Students: Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors and Graduate Students. Application and interviews.
- Training over two Fridays
- Bi-weekly meetings
- Programming and assessment time varies depending on projects
Fall 2018 Timeline:
- Applications due Friday, April 13, 2018
- Students interviewed: April 16-20, 2018
- Selections made April 25, 2018
- Free mandatory training: 2 full days in August 2018
Page last updated 11:30 AM, May 17, 2018