Carmen Cruz, Psy.D.
Director of Training
TWU Counseling Center
P.O. Box 425350
Denton, TX 76204-5350
(940) 898-3801 (phone)
(940) 898-3810 (fax)
- National Matching Services Program Code for this site is #157411
Completed online application including:
- AAPI found on-line at http://www.appic.org
- A curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts of all graduate work
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two from individuals who comment on their direct supervision of your therapy skills. Referees must use the Standardized Reference Form for the AAPI to provide recommendations.
- Verification by Director of Clinical Training from your doctoral program
- Cover Letter – Please make certain to address the following within your letter:
- Your interest with our site and SPECIFICALLY comment on both PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL goals for the year.
- The transcript names of your group therapy and four practicum sections, if they are not clear on your transcript.
All application materials must be received by Sunday, November 10th at midnight.
After reviewing all completed applications, the Selection Committee will determine interview candidates by the end of the second week in December. Applicants not selected as interview candidates for a possible internship offer will be notified via email after such a determination is made.
The Selection Committee will interview all candidates via video conferencing. We no longer offer on-site interviews. Each candidate will be paired with a current intern who is available to answer questions and provide assistance to the applicant throughout the entire selection process.
Interviews will be conducted in December and/or January. The final rankings of candidates will be confirmed by mid-January.
THIS INTERNSHIP SITE AGREES TO ABIDE BY THE APPIC POLICY THAT NO PERSON AT THIS TRAINING FACILITY WILL SOLICIT, ACCEPT OR USE ANY RANKING-RELATED INFORMATION FROM ANY INTERN APPLICANT.
Applicants are required to follow the guidelines developed by the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC). A verbatim copy of APPIC’s current guidelines regarding the computer match process can be found at http://www.appic.org. Notification of all applicants selected for an internship offer will follow APPIC Guidelines. Please read these guidelines carefully so that you understand the requirements of the computer matching procedure.
Texas Woman’s University is committed to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all individuals. Upon request, Texas Woman’s University will make reasonable accommodations to enable an applicant with a disability to apply for a job.
Page last updated 4:08 PM, October 28, 2019