Returning to work on campus
Effective June 24, 2020
As more TWU employees return to campus, please note these measures the university is making to keep the TWU community safe.
All employees who are sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms are required to stay home and report their symptoms to TWU Risk Management via this confidential online form. Also, all employees are required to complete the COVID-19 reboarding training on TWU’s Coronavirus website.
TWU’s Facilities Management department has implemented enhanced cleaning procedures, including the use of EPA-registered disinfectants that quickly inactivate the COVID-19 virus. In addition, Risk Management employees are trained and certified in contact tracing by Johns Hopkins University, allowing for TWU to quickly identify individuals who might have been exposed to COVID-19 and quarantine them if the occasion should arise.
As you return to campus, please keep in mind the following guidelines and new additions:
- TWU employees and contractors are required to wear face coverings inside TWU buildings or when within 6 feet of others. The exception to this rule is when employees are in their personal office.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed in locations where frequent face-to-face interactions are likely to occur (e.g. checkout counters, reception desks, etc.).
- Drinking fountains have been turned off; however bottle fillers remain operational.
- Elevator occupancy has been reduced to four or less at a time.
- Building entrances with heavy traffic have had certain doors designated as "in" and "out."
- Staircases have been designated "up" and "down" where possible.
- Signage, yard signs, and floor markings will be placed throughout campus to remind the TWU community of expectations and measures they can take to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- TWU employee travel continues to be restricted.
For those interacting with students in a classroom setting or in residence/dining halls, these additional guidelines have been put in place:
- Residential students who become sick will be required to self-isolate and may be asked to move to a different room in order to better protect others
- Students will also be required to wear face coverings inside TWU buildings or when within 6 feet of others.
- Face coverings will be required to be worn in classroom settings. Accommodations will be made for those who cannot wear face coverings.
Page last updated 1:43 PM, August 25, 2020