Pre-Master's Leveling Courses for Speech-Language Pathology
If you plan to pursue your master’s degree in speech-language pathology (SLP) at TWU but have a bachelor’s degree in a field other than communication sciences and disorders, SLP or an equivalent, you will need to complete leveling courses prior to starting your graduate program.
Please note: Acceptance into/completion of the leveling coursework does not guarantee acceptance into TWU’s SLP master’s program.
About the program
- Offered only to individuals who plan to apply to the TWU SLP program
- Includes seven online (not self-paced) undergraduate-level courses over three consecutive semesters beginning each spring
- Requires final exams to be taken in person. Students applying to the on-campus venue take their finals at TWU in Denton; students applying to the distance education venue take their finals at their local education service center
- Must maintain grades of A or B to continue in the program
Applications are accepted each year between Aug. 15 and Oct. 1 for classes beginning the following spring semester.
To be considered for acceptance into this program, you must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25 for the last 60 hours of college coursework.
- Apply to TWU as an undergraduate transfer, non-degree seeking student between August and October 1.
- Complete the Transfer Apply Texas application and select Communication Sciences as your first school program choice. On page 3 of the application (Educational Background), check the box for non-degree seeker.
- Disregard the email you receive from TWU Admissions Processing asking if you meant to select non-degree seeker.
- Once admitted to TWU as an undergraduate transfer non-degree seeking student, email your name and 7-digit TWU Student ID Number to Mr. David Infante (email@example.com) to request the Department Pre-Master’s Leveling Application.
- Submit the following to the Department:
- Pre-Master’s Leveling Program Application
- A one-page letter of intent
- Two letters of recommendation (using the form included in departmental application)
Students must be accepted by both the university and the department. Department notices of acceptance will be emailed by mid-December.
scroll to see the full table⇨
|Semester||Course Number||Course Name|
|Spring||COMS 3063||Normal Speech and Language Development|
|Spring||COMS 3333||Phonetics, Phonology and Transcription|
|Spring||COMS 3553||Normal Language Development in School Age Children|
|Summer||COMS 2233||Anatomy and Physiology for Speech and Language|
|Fall||COMS 3503||Speech Disorders and Intervention|
|Fall||COMS 3563||Language Disorders and Intervention|
Comparable college leveling courses taken outside TWU should have equivalent content.
For More Information
Page last updated 4:06 PM, November 5, 2018