Dual-Enrollment Dental Hygiene - Online
Through TWU’s unique dual-enrollment program, earn your Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene while enrolled in a partnering Associate of Applied Science program.
- Available only to students accepted into a partnering community college’s dental hygiene program
- Dual-enroll at TWU and your community college
- 120 credit hours, 30 at TWU
- TWU courses 100% online
- High quality, affordable education and career preparation
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
Partnerships with community colleges across the state
Texas Woman’s currently partners with four community colleges across the state to bring our accredited Bachelor of Science program to your community. Check out the partnering school curriculum agreements for more details:
- Collin College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program
- Lone Star College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program
- Temple College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program
- El Paso College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program
Other community college agreements are in process. Check back for updates.
A bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene opens career paths including:
- Registered Dental Hygienist*: $74,070 per year
- Dental Sales Representative: $60,340 per year
- Dental Hygiene Instructor*: $76,000 per year
Salary data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
You also have the option of continuing your education and boosting your future earning potential with a graduate degree in Health Studies with a Dental Hygiene focus.
*Job outlook for 2016-26 rated as much faster than average.
**Job outlook for 2016-26 rated as faster than average.
As a full-time student, you can complete the 120 required semester credit hours in just two years with:
- 30 credit hours minimum from TWU
- 36 hours of upper-division courses (some dental hygiene courses taken through your AAS program may count toward this requirement)
You must finish your associate's degree dental hygiene program to be allowed to continue in the dual-enrollment program.
When you apply to TWU, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores. Admission to TWU is valid for four terms, unless you have attended another higher education institution.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
- How to apply
- Freshman Student Admissions
- Transfer Student Admissions
- International Student Admissions
- Other Types of Undergraduate Admissions
Questions about the admissions process? Contact the Office of Admissions Processing.
Office of Admissions Processing
Texas Woman’s University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204-5649
940-898-3076 or 1-866-809-6130 ext. 3076
Admission to the Dual-Enrollment Dental Hygiene Program (Online)
- Acceptance into a partnering community college’s dental hygiene program.
- Completion of English Composition I and II.
How to Apply
- Apply to TWU as a transfer student
- After acceptance to TWU, apply to the dental hygiene Dual Enrollment program. To complete the program application, applicants must first create their TWU Pioneer Portal account and log in to their TWU Google Drive account using their TWU email address and Pioneer Portal password.
- Program application deadlines (applicants should apply to the university prior to these deadlines):
- Fall: Aug. 1
- Spring: Dec. 15
- Summer: May 15
For questions contact
Amy Teague, RDH, MS
Associate Clinical Professor
Page last updated 2:51 PM, July 8, 2019