Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council
Together we can develop and deliver standardized, fair, and objective Diversity, Equity & Inclusion practices for all employees.
The Chancellor’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Council is charged with educating the university community about:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion, broadly
- Specific DEI programming, strategies and tactics from various levels of the organization
- Fair and equitable treatment of employees
- Promising practices for the recruitment and retention of underrepresented faculty and staff
- Equal access to professional opportunities and advancement for underrepresented faculty and staff
Council members rotate based on affinity group and committee leadership. Members also serve on subcommittees within the DEI Council.
Faculty & Staff Affinity Groups
Join a TWU faculty and staff affinity group! Affinity groups include: Wellness Works; TWU Christian Fellowship in Academia; Maintaining Motherhood in Academia (MMA); TWQ-LGBTQ+ Faculty Staff Affinity Group; TBFSA: Black Faculty & Staff Affinity Group; Unidxs - Latinx Faculty & Staff Affinity Group.
Through the efforts of this council, I believe we can keep diversity and inclusion in the forefront of our work across the many facets of Texas Woman’s.
Page last updated 11:10 AM, October 26, 2021