WomenRISE – Reflect, Interact, Shine, Enterprise
Welcome women entrepreneurs to a Center for Women Entrepreneurs monthly small business training and networking series.
You will have the opportunity to meet and network with other women business owners and benefit from professional training. Bring your business cards to enter our monthly raffle and exchange with other business owners.
Time: 8 – 9 a.m.
Date: Second Tuesday of each month
Location: In person: Texas Woman’s University Denton campus, Old Main Building Room 257 (2nd floor)
Virtual: through Zoom
In-person events will be held at Texas Woman’s University, Denton Campus, Old Main Building, 2nd Floor, Rm 257.
Breakfast will be served at 7:30 AM. The official program starts at 8:00 AM. Come and network with other female entrepreneurs. Make sure you bring your business cards.
*It is a bit of a walk between the two parking areas and Old Main Building. You may want to consider wearing comfortable shoes to walk in and bring your dress shoes for the event.
*If you have special needs, please email email@example.com to make special arrangements.
- Download ParkMobile @https://parkmobile.io/
- Put in your information to include your license plate number.
- For the event, park in either the Visitor Parking Lot or on the 4th level of the parking garage.
- Parking is FREE! The parking code will be included in your event confirmation.
- There will be directional signs to assist you in locating the event.
If you are attending online you will receive the Zoom link to join. We will have an online host that will help facilitate the event. We will continue to have pre/post networking opportunities.
- Networking before the event: 7:35 – 7:55 a.m.
- Networking after the event: 9:05 – 9:25 a.m.
- Official program: 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
All registered attendees, whether in person or online will receive the replay link after the event.
HR 101 for Entrepreneurs
- Tuesday, March 12, 2024
- In-Person & virtual event
Join us for our March WomenRISE: HR 101 for Entrepreneurs with Michelle Jolivet, DEIRecruiting, and HR Consulting.
HR 101 for Entrepreneurs: Mastering Key HR Functions" is a seminar tailored for new and aspiring entrepreneurs to navigate the complexities of human resource management in a business setting. This course delves into the crucial aspects of HR, with a specific focus on hiring practices, termination processes, documentation procedures, performance management, and the development of employee handbooks. Designed to address the unique challenges in small and startup businesses, this course equips entrepreneurs with practical skills and insights needed to manage these critical HR functions effectively, ensuring both legal compliance and a positive work environment.
After the workshop, you will walk away with the following:
- Effective Hiring Practices: Learn the art of attracting and selecting the right talent. This covers job postings, interviewing techniques, and making informed hiring decisions.
- Termination Processes and Legal Compliance: Gain insights into the legal and ethical considerations of terminating employees. This includes understanding the grounds for termination, conducting the termination process professionally, and managing post-termination procedures.
- Documentation Essentials and Performance Management in HR: Explore the importance of maintaining accurate and comprehensive HR documentation. Learn how to manage employee records, contracts, and other essential documents to ensure legal compliance and support HR.
Michelle Jolivet, DEIRecruiting, and HR Consulting
Michelle is the Founder and President of DEI Recruiting and Consulting, an organization focused on promoting inclusion and diversity in the workforce. Michelle’s engaging and informative presentations leave a lasting impact on her audience, inspiring positive change and promoting a more inclusive workplace culture.
With over three decades of experience in various leadership positions, including Director of Company Operations, Division, and Regional Director of Ops with Fortune 500 companies, Michelle is a seasoned professional with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business, an associate’s degree in Communication, a Diversity and Inclusion Certification from Cornell University, a Professional of Human Resources (PHR) certification, and a Green Belt certification in Lean Six Sigma.
Page last updated 2:54 PM, February 13, 2024