Small Business Training Course
Our microgrant winners are required to attend this small business series. The Center for Women Entrepreneurs has opened these workshops to anyone to lend support and guidance in running a new or existing business. These workshops are designed to give you useful information to help make your business more successful. Feel free to bring business cards to exchange with other business owners.
Small Business Training Course Workshops will be held virtually on Tuesdays from 6:00–7:30 pm.
Can't attend? Register anyway and we will send you the replay link right to your inbox!
Registration opens Friday, October 22, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
November 9, 2021
Library Resources/Business Plans & Finances — Lynn Holt,
Ft. Worth Library & Tracy Irby, Director, Center for Women Entrepreneurs
Tracy Irby — Director, Center for Women Entrepreneurs
Welcome and introduction to the services offered by the Center for Women Entrepreneurs.
Lynn Holt — Adult Programming Librarian/Fort Worth Public Library
Library Resources for Small Businesses
The Fort Worth Public Library and many other area libraries and organizations have tools available to aspiring entrepreneurs, and today we’re going to take a brief walk through the best of those tools.
A few takeaways that our participants will walk away with after the workshop:
- The library has a lot of excellent resources that you can use to meet your business goals
- A brief overview of how to use the best one
- Other resources available for free from other libraries and the local community
Keep in mind, the best resource at the library is a librarian!
November 16, 2021
Commercial Insurance and Risk Management for Small Business — Amy Doze, property and casualty insurance agent and risk management advisor.
In this workshop, Amy Doze, property and casualty insurance agent and risk management will talk about:
- Risk Management
- The What, When and Why of Business Insurance
- The Most Common Types of Business Insurance
- The Importance of Developing Your Risk Profile
November 23, 2021
Choosing a Business Entity — Kelsey Shofner, Shofner Consulting
LLC, Corporation, Partnership, or Sole Proprietorship — which business structure is best for your business? The workshop will also discuss the importance of keeping the business entity intact and protecting the assets of owner-operators from the debts and liabilities of their businesses.
- Why one type of business entity may be better or worse for their type of business
- How to go about setting up a business entity in Texas
- The importance of keeping their personal assets separate from their business
November 30, 2021
Bookkeeping and Financial Statements 101 — Nancy Stuhlmuller, NSHBookkeeping
Demystify what bookkeeping is and what financial statements are and learn how understanding financial statements empower you to run your business.
A few takeaways:
- Understand the need to set yourself up for success. Setting up the foundation of your business including operating a bookkeeping system; establishing professional relationships with bookkeepers, CPA’s, bankers.
- Set up a bookkeeping system from the beginning and keep it current. Understand the main details behind this.
- Don’t be afraid of reviewing and understanding the financial statements. Working knowledge of the income statement; balance sheet and cash flow statement.
December 7, 2021
The Power of Premium Marketing — Brittney Garica-Dumas, BGD Digital Marketing
You've worked hard to build a business, it's time to build a brand.
In this workshop, we will discuss intermediate Narrative Building with a focus on Social Media Marketing. We dive into how to differentiate yourself online, how to speak to your ideal customer, and how to access the best ROI on your time and effort by utilizing a simple Marketing Strategy.
Page last updated 2:18 PM, October 21, 2021