AssistHer Emergency Relief Grant
A total of 100 female small-business owners across the state of Texas were selected to receive $10,000 grants as part of our $1 million AssistHER COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Program. We received more than 5,000 applications from businesses as diverse as restaurants and day care centers to health care providers and cleaning services.
Background on the program
As of April 26, 2020, we are no longer accepting applications for this program.
The purpose of this grant was to help sustain female-owned businesses under economic hardship due to COVID-19. The funds could be used for technology upgrades or other items needed to change or adapt the business model including operating expenses (excluding payment of sales tax, payroll, purchase of food for consumption, penalties and fees, and charitable donations).
Grant Amount: $10,000
Who could apply?
Eligible businesses had to satisfy the following conditions:
- Existing woman-owned businesses (at least 51% directly owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens) may apply.
- The business must be a for-profit corporation, partnership, LLP or LLC, or sole proprietorship. Not-for-profit corporations or similar nonprofit entities are not eligible.
- The business must be suffering an economic hardship due to COVID-19.
- If the business or business owner owns the premises from which the business operates, all property taxes must be current.
- All sales taxes, payroll taxes and other taxes must be current.
- Businesses must be located and/or operated within the state of Texas.
- The business, business owner and applicant must not be involved in any pending or current litigation.
- The business, business owner and applicant are operating with all required permits and licenses and are conforming to all required laws.
- The business owner must not have any felonies or conviction of a crime of dishonesty or breach of trust.
*TWU faculty, staff and students (including their immediate family), and previous grant winners were not eligible to apply.
Page last updated 3:57 PM, May 12, 2020