AssistHer Emergency Relief Grant
The purpose of this program is to assist Texas, woman-owned businesses that have been severely impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19). A total of $1,000,000 (100 grant awards) is available.
Grant Amount: $10,000
Who can apply?
Eligible businesses must satisfy all of the following conditions:
- Existing woman-owned businesses (at least 51% directly owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens) may apply.
- The business must be a for-profit corporation, partnership, LLP or LLC, or sole proprietorship. Not-for-profit corporations or similar nonprofit entities are not eligible.
- The business must be suffering an economic hardship due to COVID-19.
- If the business or business owner owns the premises from which the business operates, all property taxes must be current.
- All sales taxes, payroll taxes and other taxes must be current.
- Businesses must be located and/or operated within the state of Texas.
- The business, business owner and applicant must not be involved in any pending or current litigation.
- The business, business owner and applicant are operating with all required permits and licenses and are conforming to all required laws.
- The business owner must not have any felonies or conviction of a crime of dishonesty or breach of trust.
*TWU faculty, staff and students, and previous grant winners, are not eligible to apply.
- Grant applications will be accepted electronically only, must not exceed ten pages, and will be assessed for funding on a rolling basis until available funding is expended. Please combine all materials into a single PDF and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any applications that are incomplete, contain multiple documents, or not in a PDF format will be rejected.
- Proof of woman-owned and controlled documentation must show at least 51% ownership and could include any woman-owned certification, sole proprietor/assumed name filings, LLC or LLP documentation, certification of organization, articles of incorporation, partnership agreement or bank signature card. If one document alone doesn’t show this, send the corresponding agreement with it.
- All questions must be answered, and all required information and documentation must be included; when submitting an application, the applicant must attach documentation for all expenses (for example: operating costs, proposals from a vendor, quotes or estimates, invoices, etc.). Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
As a prerequisite for award eligibility, awardees must view an instructional video on best practices for maintaining grant funds and long-term business sustainability. Award recipients will have an opportunity to engage in one-on-one conversations with a CWE business advisor, if needed.
Page last updated 8:54 AM, March 30, 2020