Minerva Entrepreneurial Scholarship Program
The Center for Women in Business offers annual scholarships for up to $1,000 toward tuition and fees for graduate and undergraduate women who are interested in becoming business owners. The Minerva Entrepreneurial Scholar Program provides the opportunity to become a successful entrepreneur through training, workshops, events, and professional networking. If the scholar meets the program’s extracurricular requirements, the scholarship can be renewed (pending state funding) an additional year, with a potential total value of $2,000.
Minerva Entrepreneurial Scholars must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to receive the second year of funding. The program is limited to 20 new students per enrollment period.
Our selection criteria:
- Identify as female
- Undergraduates must have at least 40 credit hours
- Enrolled in any graduate or undergraduate program at TWU
- Plan to develop a business within three years of acceptance into the program
- Demonstrated ability to attend required regularly scheduled workshops and meetings
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication
- United States citizen or permanent resident
The Minerva Scholarship program provides the opportunity to participate in 2 years of programming such as:
- Business plan development
- Assistance with finding a mentor
- One-on-one coaching
- Specialized training materials for entrepreneurial leadership
- Access to business reference library
In 2016 we awarded 11 Texas Woman's students with the first Minerva Scholarships. Learn more about these future Texas business owners.
2017 has seen a large growth in scholarship recipients with 27 scholarships across all three campuses.