Looking for help to start your own business? Want to expand an existing business and need resources to do so?
The Center for Women in Business announces its new Women’s Enterprise Training and Micro Grant Program to help women business owners —current or aspiring—to undertake new and innovative projects. Up to 10 business owners will be selected to each receive a $5,000 grant.
Who can apply*?
- Existing or to-be-formed woman-owned businesses (at least 51% directly owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens) with five or fewer employees
- For-profit corporations, partnerships, LLPs, LLCs or sole proprietorships
- Businesses with all sales, payroll, property taxes and other taxes current
- Businesses where both the owner and business are not involved in any pending or current litigation
- Businesses operating with all permits, licenses and following all required laws
*You and your business must satisfy all conditions to be eligible.TWU faculty, staff and students are not eligible to apply.
How can funds be used?
- New machinery, equipment or technology
- New inventory or raw materials
- Installation of fixtures or display units
- Property improvements to help bring in more business
- Marketing or advertising campaigns
- Any business-related activity approved by the CWB
Funds cannot be used for wages and salaries of any kind
If you are funded
- Grant receivers must match funds by at least 10% owner equity (cash or equipment). The equity can not be associated with any debt and must be committed and available at the time of grant application.
- A completed business plan must be submitted to and approved by Center for Women in Business staff.
- Upon selection, you will receive $2,500. To receive the remainder of the grant ($2,500) you will need to complete a small business training course.
For more information
Director, Center for Women in Business
Page last updated 4:20 PM, September 4, 2018