Symposium Instructions for Platform Presentations
Platform (oral) presentations will be live presentations via Zoom. Presenters will prepare a 10 minutes presentation and will be made host during the session while presenting their project and will be able to screen share their presentation materials. This 10-minute presentation will be followed by a five minute question and answer period before the next presentation is introduced.
- You are strongly encouraged to do a “technology” check prior to your presentation. This could include practicing with Zoom controls to share presentation materials, to stop screen sharing, and to make sure that the internet connection is stable.
- Sign in to your assigned session at least 10 minutes before the session to check in with the session moderator.
- Remain in attendance during the entire session. The moderators will try to keep the session on schedule, but you must be available when your presentation is announced.
- The presentation should be approximately 10 minutes which will allow five minutes for questions.
- Be sure to invite your friends, family, and faculty. The links to the Zoom presentations will be made available prior to the Symposium and you can share these with friends and colleagues.
Here are a few Zoom backgrounds, in a Google drive, if would like to use one for your virtual presentation: Student Symposium Zoom Backgrounds
Thank you very much for participating in the Symposium!
Page last updated 12:11 PM, April 7, 2021