As a core value of the Center for Student Leadership, one of our main focuses members learn about is money basics, credit, saving and investing, insurance and risk management and retirement planning.
Research shows women require more information and resources about economic security as the work force changes. As a member you will get to hear from speakers such as:
- Terry Maxwell, author of The New World of Work
- Selena Rezvani, author of Pushback: How Smart Women Ask- AND STAND UP- for What They Want
- Derreck Kayongo, current CEO of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Dennis P. Kimbro, Ph.D., educator, author, and business school professor.
You can also attend workshops-at no cost- and retreats that address economic security including:
- WI$EUP: A Financial Planning Handbook for Generation X and Y Women from the Texas Agri Life Extension Service
- Smart Start presented by the American Association of University Women
- A four-part series presented by Suing Investments with an emphasis on budgeting, credit, investing, building a portfolio and planning for retirement.
Page last updated 2:25 PM, May 16, 2018