Leadership Honors Societies
Center for Student Leadership members have the opportunity to become members of Omicron Delta Kappa (OΔK), a national leadership honor society, and the National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS), the nation's largest honor society.
Omicron Delta Kappa (OΔK)
Center for Student Leadership members have the opportunity to become members of Omicron Delta Kappa (OΔK), a national leadership honor society.
OΔK was the first university honor society dedicated to recognizing and building leadership skills and spans the United States with 300,000 members and active chapters at 290 universities.
Check back in the spring for our spring recruitment schedule!
OΔK provides valuable networking and leadership training at its National Leadership Summit and Convention. OΔK also provides access to career mentors and internships.
More than 20 scholarships and grants, totaling $40,000, are given out each year to OΔK members across the U.S.
To be considered for membership, you must:
- Be a junior or senior TWU Center for Student Leadership member
- Must have been a TWU student for at least 1 semester
- Must be in top 35% GPA at TWU for their respective class
- Demonstrate leadership skills in one of the five pillars of campus life
For OΔK questions, contact:
Associate Director, Center for Student Leadership
National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS)
The NSLS is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at Texas Woman's University was started in 2009. Our local chapter is part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members.
Students are selected based on exemplary academic achievement. As of 2021, we have 4,314 members who have access to:
- Nearly $500,000 in scholarships
- An exclusive NSLS job board
- A personalized letter of recommendation
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life.
If you become a member, some of the other benefits are:
- Learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama during exclusive Speaker Broadcasts.
- Meet new friends and make lifelong connections (on-campus and virtually).
- Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success.
- Access to private networking events
For NSLS questions, contact:
Dr. Michael Raisinghani, faculty advisor
Page last updated 12:43 PM, December 9, 2021