Resumes and Interviews
Your resume is one of the essential tools needed to land an interview. It must be an easy-to-read and well-structured presentation which is targeted toward the job for which you are applying.
Interviews are your opportunity to sell yourself to a potential employer and convince them that you are the best person for the job. Preparation is key to a successful interview! Practice interviewing skills and answering common behavioral interview questions and research the company as much as possible.
Resources for helping you write a resume and develop your interviewing skills:
- Optimal Resume – a comprehensive online suite of career tools including a resume builder, cover letter builder, interview prep, and more.
- Career Readiness Seminars and Workshops – All events are listed on the University Calendar.
- Career Consultants – schedule an appointment via TWU Connect with your consultant to review more in-depth resume questions/concerns or to schedule an in-person practice (mock) interview.
- TWU Connect – access the wealth of information in the Resources section.
- Job Search Handbook [PDF] – detailed information on resumes and cover letters.
15-Minute Resume Review
Come in and meet one-on-one with Career Connections Center staff on the Denton campus for a quick resume critique or to get answers to your career-related questions. You don't need an appointment, and can drop-in during any of the following open hours:
scroll to see the full table⇨
|Tuesday||9-11 a.m.||WH 200|
|Wednesday||10 a.m.-Noon||WH 200|
|Thursday||2:30-4:30 p.m.||WH 200|
Page last updated 10:03 AM, June 21, 2019