Succeed Using Child Care and Educational Student Services (SUCCESS)
What is the SUCCESS child care voucher program?
Funded by the US Department of Education, the federal Child Care Access Means Parents in School Program (CCAMPIS) provides funding for child care sliding scale vouchers and support for qualified TWU students on the Denton campus through the TWU Succeed Using Child Care and Educational Student Services (SUCCESS). The SUCCESS program recognizes that child care is a major obstacle for student parents. This grant leverages university and local resources to help students find a child care center that best fits their needs and budget. Additionally, SUCCESS provides personalized support to positively impact persistence and graduation.
How does SUCCESS work?
Students who meet the eligibility requirements of the grant may submit an application. Based on available funding and student need, a portion of child care costs will be paid directly to the child care center. The greater the student’s financial need, the greater the amount of the voucher --up to 90% with maximum monthly vouchers not to exceed $670 per child. These sliding scale vouchers are offered for fall and spring semesters. Summer vouchers will be provided based on funding availability. CARE will distribute the vouchers to the pre-approved child care centers based on student choice.
Thank you for your interest in this program. We are no longer accepting applications. We are seeking additional funding and if we are successful the application will be reopened.
Please contact the CARE office for more information.
CCAMPIS Eligibility requirements (based on grant funding priorities)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree seeking program
- FAFSA on file with TWU Financial Aid
- Pell eligible
- Minimum GPA 2.0
- Good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
- Preference for full-time enrollment and single parent status
SUCCESS Program requirements
- Selection of licensed pre-approved childcare provider in the Dallas/Fort-Worth area
- Regular communication with SUCCESS advisor
- Meet with SUCCESS advisor to complete orientation and child care choice advising
- Participate in symposium (1 per semester)
- Volunteer 1 hour per semester and record in Pioneers Engage
- Complete CCAMPIS and SUCCESS surveys
- Maintain eligibility
Voucher Disbursement by Semester Credit Hours
scroll to see the full table⇨
Voucher funding is not to exceed $670 per month per child.
|Estimated Family Contribution||9+ Hours||8-6 Hours||<6 Hours|
|$0 - $500||90% Assistance||75% assistance||50% Assistance|
|$501 - $1000||75% Assistance||Not Eligible||Not Eligible|
|$1001 - $1500||60% Assistance||Not Eligible||Not Eligible|
|$1501 - $5140||50% Assistance||Not Eligible||Not Eligible|
Questions about the SUCCESS Program? Contact the CARE office.
Page last updated 8:11 AM, August 28, 2023