MHA - Global Health
In as little as 24 months, you can have your MHA with Global Health Emphasis and be ready for the next step in your career.
Gain more experience in international health delivery through international travel.
- Courses offered through hybrid and face-to-face class options and can be taken in any order with the exception of a few courses with prerequisites
- Classes take place on TWU’s Dallas and Houston campuses
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Degree completion in little as 2 years, or 51 credit hours*
- Extension of the standard MHA degree program: may add 9 credit hours*
*Individual requirements may vary.
Our program is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
Travel Abroad Opportunities
If you want a deeper understanding of international health issues, it helps to see them first-hand. TWU's MHA - Global Heath includes a required international travel component along with coursework related to international health systems and services.
Careers & Salaries*
With this degree, you have multiple career opportunities including:
- Medical and Health Service Manager: $99,730 per year
- Administrative Service Manager: $96,180 per year
- Nonprofit Hospital Administrator: $86,511 per year
- Governmental Health Care Consultant: $75,183 per year
- FQHC Medical Practice Manager: $58,607 per year
Admission to the Master of Healthcare Administration
Dr. Margaret Young, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Director of Graduate Programs
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
International applicants are encouraged to apply far in advance.
- The GRE/GMAT requirement is temporarily suspended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants with a GPA of 3.2 or higher in their final 60 undergraduate hours are not required to take GRE/GMAT for regular admission.
- The GRE/GMT is optional for applicants with GPAs between 3.0 and 3.19 in their final 60 undergraduate hours. If the GRE/GMAT score is above the program requirement, applicants may gain regular admission; otherwise, they may be admitted provisionally.
- Applicants with GPAs between 2.5 and 2.99 in their final 60 undergraduate hours must take the GRE/GMAT and may be admitted provisionally if their score is above the program requirement.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Take the GRE General Test and submit your GRE scores to TWU (if required based on GPA noted below). This requirement is temporarily suspended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Healthcare Administration Program holds orientation for new students in the fall and spring semesters. It is a requirement that all new students attend one of these sessions. Information will be provided after your acceptance to the program.
Advanced standing may be granted to applicants who hold a prior master’s or doctoral degree from an accredited U.S. university. This advanced standing means that an applicant may request and be eligible for waiver of certain foundation or core courses, in addition to the GRE/GMAT waiver as described above. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make the request for specific course waiver or transfer credit. In addition, the applicant must submit evidence of equivalent prior course work. Waivers are not automatic and are made on a case-by-case basis by examination of the content of each course requested for waiver/transfer credit. Each course accepted for transfer credit of a required core course must have been completed within the 6 years of the date that the MHA degree is to be awarded. Otherwise, these courses must be repeated.
Students who have completed the MBA or MHSM degree at Texas Woman’s University may be eligible for award of up to 12 semester credit hours of transfer credit toward the MHA degree, subject to Graduate School policies.
- 45 semester credit hours in required courses including six elective hours (the six required elective hours may be used for the emphasis courses)
- A professional portfolio completed in your final semester and presented to faculty
- 9 credit hours for the Global Health emphasis. Six of the required electives credits can be substituted for 6 of the business analytics required credit hours.
For More Information
Learn more at one of our Graduate Information Sessions
Page last updated 1:42 PM, June 23, 2020