Business internships are a valuable way to gain real-world experience. With job opportunities more widely available in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, you should consider adding BUS 4953, BUS 5953 and/or BUS 4956 as an advanced business elective for your degree plan.
Find an internship
Get started with TWU Connect (powered by Handshake)
Get internship credit
- Review the rules for internships and make sure the one you select qualifies.
- Apply and accept a position. (Subject to TWU approvals)
- Download, print and complete the department approval form of the Academic Internship Complete Packet.
- Obtain necessary signatures and return to respective departments.
- Obtain appropriate course code from the College of Business and register.
“The effort I put in my internships contributed to my performance as a TWU student and leader.”
Students who wish to complete an internship in the College of Business should contact the faculty listed below for approval. A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required to be eligible for approval of internship.
Internship courses for the College of Business are BUS 4953 (3 hours credit) or BUS 4956 (6 hours credit). After registration, students are required to schedule a mandatory meeting with the faculty member to review internship requirements for the term.
Spring and Fall semesters
Pushkala Raman, Ph.D.
Margaret Young, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Page last updated 2:57 PM, November 5, 2019