Our business and healthcare internships are a valuable way to gain real-world experience. With job opportunities more widely available, consider adding an internship to your degree plan.
Find an internship
The internship is recommended for students who lack experience in health care or who have experience that has been limited to clinical areas. To ensure that the internship is completed in a satisfactory manner, the Healthcare Administration Faculty has developed the HCA Internship Policy and Guidelines.
- HCA 5941 requires a minimum of 60 contact hours in 1 semester and is worth 1 semester hour of credit.
- HCA 5942 requires a minimum of 120 contact hours in 1 semester and is worth 2 semester hours of credit.
*Students participating in an internship that includes a minimum of 180 contact hours, may enroll in both HCA 5941 and HCA 5942 to receive 3 academic internship credit hours, which is the maximum number allowed for credit.
MHA students who wish to complete an internship should contact Dr. Tyson one semester in advance for approval.
Sandra K. Tyson, PhD
Visiting Assistant Professor
Internship Coordinator, Houston
Health Care Administration
6700 Fannin Street, Suite 7013
Houston, Texas 77030
BBA & MBA Students
To receive academic course credit for your internship, follow the steps below before registering for the Internship/Cooperative Education course:
- Make sure you have your internship experience secured for the following semester. If you need assistance with finding or applying for an internship, please schedule an internship advising appointment with the Pioneer Center for Student Excellence Internships Department.
- Internship opportunities are located in Handshake
Visit the PSCE Internships Department for more information.
BBA and MBA students who wish to complete an internship should contact the faculty listed below for approval. A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required to be eligible for approval of internship.
- BUS 4953 (3 credit hours) requires a minimum of 150 hours a semester.
- BUS 4956 (6 credit hours) requires completion of 300 hours during the semester.
- BUS 5956 (6 credit hours) requires a minimum of eighteen contact hours a week.
After registration, students are required to schedule a mandatory meeting with the faculty member to review internship requirements for the term.
Spring and Fall Semesters
Pushkala Raman, PhD
Graduate Programs Director
Margaret Young, PhD
“The effort I put in my internships contributed to my performance as a TWU student and leader.”
Page last updated 8:31 AM, April 1, 2022