MHA with Business Analytics Emphasis
In as little as 24 months, you can have your MHA with Business Analytics Emphasis and be ready for the next step in your career.
Learn the intricacies of technology interfaces and security within health care organizations through this specialized program offered at Texas Woman's University. The MHA with Business Analytics focuses on the data used by healthcare organizations and prepares you for management roles in this area. TWU also offers a more traditional Master's of Healthcare Administration degree.
Our hybrid and online-format classes allow you to attend grad school in Houston and are televised to the Collin Higher Education Center in McKinney, TX - whichever is most convenient for you.
Why MHA in Business Analytics at TWU?
Part of the Texas Woman’s experience is keeping costs low and education quality high. As a result, TWU is the most affordable public university in the DFW Metroplex and is ranked 5th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report. For more information on costs, visit our Cost of Attendance site.
Our small class sizes also allow you to interact closely with your classmates and professors.
Only 5.4 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, and only 25 percent of senior managers and executives within those companies are women. TWU is working to help change that.
More than 70 percent of our faculty and staff across the university are women. While COB faculty prepare you to tackle the male-dominated world of business, our outreach staff work closely with employers to bring networking and employment opportunities to campus.
For our budding entrepreneurs, TWU’s Center for Women in Business is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The Center provides tools for you to succeed including access to training/coaching, funding, mentoring and networking opportunities.
The Career Connections Center on each campus provides advising services and tailored career planning for our students and alumni, from career advising and networking to negotiating a salary after graduation. The Career Center has also implemented Handshake, a unique resume reviewing and job opening database that works to fast-track your job search.
The COB takes it one step further with a team of Outreach and External Relations staff that work with the Career Connections Center to keep our business students in-the-know on employment opportunities and networking events.
Careers & Salaries*
With this degree, you have multiple career opportunities including:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager: $135,800 per year
- Director of Strategic Planning: $120,832
- Top Executive: $103,950 per year
- Administrative Service Manager: $98,930 per year
- Medical and Health Service Manager: $96,540 per year
- Hospital Administrator: $90,409 per year
- Healthcare Consultant: $75,183 per year
- Medical Practice Manager: $58,607 per year
*Median salaries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Payscale.com
You will complete 54-70 semester credit hours, including:
- 16 proficiency credit hours
- 36 credit hours for MHA major, and
- 18 credit hours for the Business Analytics emphasis.
The 16 proficiency hours may be waived.
All courses may be taken in any order with the exception of a few courses with prerequisites.
A full list of courses and requirements are available in the course catalog.
- GMAT/GRE required
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better*
- Apply to the TWU Graduate School
- Email letter of interest, resume and three letters of reference from professional contacts (one letter must be from your current employer) to email@example.com
- Prerequisite coursework may be required based on previous academic and/or professional experience
- A brief interview may be required
*If you cannot meet this GPA requirement, you must submit suitable GRE/GMAT scores
TWU’s general requirements for graduate admission.
For More Information
Learn more at one of our graduate information sessions.