Master's of Health Systems Management
In as little as 24 months, you can have your Master's of Health Systems Management and be ready for the next step in your career. No GMAT or GRE required.
Prepare for leadership in healthcare management with a master’s from Texas Woman’s University. In our Master of Health Systems Management (MHSM) program you will learn about:
- The healthcare environment, including its legal aspects, system organizations and policy
- Management science covering operational analysis, human resources management and financial and quantitative analysis
- Strategic planning and leadership behaviors with emphasis on ethical, social and community responsibilities
Our hybrid and online-format classes allow you to attend grad school in Dallas, with health system management courses in the evenings and business courses on Saturdays. Business courses are in an accelerated 5-week format to better fit your busy schedule.
Interested in earning a Dual MBA/MHSM degree? TWU offers this type of program as well, giving you the flexibility and convenience of learning even more about the business of healthcare.
Why Health Systems Management at TWU?
TWU’s College of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading association for business education that is uniquely focused on teaching excellence and student outcomes.
Texas Woman’s also ranks 5th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Part of the Texas Woman’s experience is keeping costs low and education quality high. As a result, TWU is the most affordable public university in the DFW Metroplex. For more information on costs, visit our Cost of Attendance site.
Our small class sizes also allow you to interact closely with your classmates and professors. Plus, this program is offered at Texas Woman’s T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences-Dallas Center in the heart of the Southwestern Medical District with leaders in innovative research and healthcare.
Only 5.4 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, and only 25 percent of senior managers and executives within those companies are women. TWU is working to help change that.
More than 70 percent of our faculty and staff across the university are women. While COB faculty prepare you to tackle the male-dominated world of business, our outreach staff work closely with employers to bring networking and employment opportunities to campus.
For our budding entrepreneurs, TWU’s Center for Women in Business is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The Center provides tools for you to succeed including access to training/coaching, funding, mentoring and networking opportunities.
The Career Connections Center on each campus provides advising services and tailored career planning for our students and alumni, from career advising and networking to negotiating a salary after graduation. The Career Center has also implemented Handshake, a unique resume reviewing and job opening database that works to fast-track your job search.
The COB takes it one step further with a team of Outreach and External Relations staff that work with the Career Connections Center to keep our business students in-the-know on employment opportunities and networking events.
Careers & Salaries*
With this degree, you have multiple career opportunities including:
- Top Executive: $103,950 per year
- Medical and Health Service Manager: $96,540 per year
- Hospital Administrator: $90,409 per year
- Pharmaceutical Project Manager: $87,079 per year
- Healthcare Consultant: $75,183 per year
- Health Information Management Director: $70,930 per year
*Median salaries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Payscale.com
Students are required to complete 45 semester credit hours to complete the program. Previous academic and/or professional experience may require you to complete prerequisite coursework. Typically, part-time students finish in 24 months.
A full list of courses and requirements are available in the course catalog.
- No GMAT or GRE requirements
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better for the last 60 hours of coursework
- Apply to the TWU Graduate School
- Email resume and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com
- Prerequisite coursework may be required based on previous academic and/or professional experience
TWU’s general requirements for graduate admission.
For More Information
Learn more at one of our graduate information sessions.