Explore common questions:
What are the admission requirements?
- No GMAT/GRE required
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better for the last 60 hours of coursework
- Apply to the TWU Graduate School
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prerequisite coursework may be required based on previous academic and/or professional experience.
What are TWU's application deadlines?
Fall: Aug. 1
Spring: Dec. 1
Summer: May 1
How flexible is your MBA program?
The MBA program is very flexible and can be managed while working full time. The program is designed with a mix of 100% online and hybrid courses, including accelerated 5-week course formats. Advisors can help you devise a schedule that works for you.
Is there an application fee?
The nonrefundable application fee is $50 ($75 for international students) and can be paid by:
- Credit card online through ApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing. Include the applicant’s full name and ID number.
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar's Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (first floor of ACT).
Can graduate students apply for financial aid?
How long does it take to be accepted?
You will receive a decision of acceptance within two weeks of us receiving all of your information.
Do current or previous TWU students need to provide official transcripts?
No, if you are a current or previous TWU student, you do not need to provide official transcripts to the Office of Admissions Processing. TWU already has your information on file.
What is considered full-time or part-time?
- Full-time is considered three courses or nine credit hours.
- Part-time is considered two courses or six credit hours.
How are the three proficiency courses instructed?
- Foundations in Business: 100 percent online, 15 weeks
- Financial Accounting: hybrid, 15 weeks with four Sat. classes from 9 a.m. - noon
- Foundations in Finance: 100 percent online, 15 weeks
Will I ever be required to travel to another campus for a course?
No. Graduate business courses are held at all three TWU campuses: Denton, Dallas and Houston.
Required courses are a five-week hybrid format with three Saturday meetings (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) and online. Some of our courses are 100% online.
Are Saturdays required in the hybrid classes?
Yes, as a student in our program you will need to attend the Saturday face-to-face sessions.
Who do I contact for more information?
What is your response time to email requests?
The COB responds to emails within 24 hours during business hours (Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
Page last updated 9:30 AM, April 10, 2019