MBA - Business Analytics Emphasis
In as little as 15 months, you can have your MBA and be ready for the next step in your career. No GMAT or GRE required.
- Degree completion in as little as 15 months, or 39 credit hours*
- Prepare to solve analytical problems from diverse disciplines such as healthcare, marketing, accounting, finance, economics and human resources
- Enjoy the flexibility of accelerated 7-week online class formats
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- 39-48 semester credit hours includes program prerequisites if required*
- No GMAT or GRE required
- A full list of courses and requirements are available in the course catalog
*Individual requirements may vary.
Why business analytics at TWU?
A private school education at a public school price
Part of the Texas Woman’s experience is keeping costs low and education quality high. As a result, TWU is the most affordable public university in the DFW Metroplex and is ranked 6th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report. For more information on costs, visit our Cost of Attendance site.
Our small class sizes also allow you to interact closely with your classmates and professors.
University and program rankings
TWU does more to build women leaders
Only 5.4 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, and only 25 percent of senior managers and executives within those companies are women. TWU is working to help change that.
More than 70 percent of our faculty and staff across the university are women. While COB faculty prepare you to tackle the male-dominated world of business, our outreach staff work closely with employers to bring networking and employment opportunities to campus.
For our budding entrepreneurs, TWU’s Center for Women in Business is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The Center provides tools for you to succeed including access to training/coaching, funding, mentoring and networking opportunities.
TWU believes in opening doors for its students
The Career Connections Center on each campus provides advising services and tailored career planning for our students and alumni, from career advising and networking to negotiating a salary after graduation. The Career Center has also implemented Handshake, a unique resume reviewing and job opening database that works to fast-track your job search.
The COB takes it one step further with a team of Outreach and External Relations staff that work with the Career Connections Center to keep our business students in-the-know on employment opportunities and networking events.
Careers & Salaries*
With this degree, you have multiple career opportunities including:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager: $135,800 per year
- Top Executive: $103,950 per year
- Transportation, Storage and Distribution Manager: $97,630 per year
- Information Security Analyst: $92,600 per year
- Computer Systems Analyst: $87,220 per year
Fields requiring the analysis and use of data are expected to skyrocket in the coming years. Information security and supply chain management careers are expected to hit a job growth rate of 37 percent and 23 percent, respectively, by 2022 according to U.S. News & World Report.
*Median salaries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Admission to the TWU Graduate School
When you apply to the TWU Graduate School, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores if required. All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admissions to the TWU Graduate School. In addition, most graduate programs have additional admission requirements that must be completed. These requirements can be found on each graduate program website. After acceptance, you will need to begin your program within one year, unless a deferral has been approved by the program.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
*Admission to the Master of Business Administration
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Director of Graduate Programs
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
- GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For applicants who have completed post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, a GPA of at least 3.0 for such coursework is also required.
- Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be considered for provisional admission. Students admitted under this provisional admission must earn a GPA of at least 3.0 on first nine graduate hours at TWU with no grade below “B”. Failure to maintain this GPA may result in removal from the program.
- Individuals applying to dual-degree programs must apply and be accepted to each program (both M.B.A. and M.H.A.)
- Prerequisite coursework will be required of some students based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
- Students are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
How to Apply
For More Information
Learn more at one of our graduate information sessions.
Page last updated 4:14 PM, October 15, 2019