Honors Program and Scholarships
Biology Honors Scholars
Every year, exceptional biology students are accepted into the TWU Honors Scholar Program. This program requires a capstone research project to be undertaken by the student under the guidance of one of the biology faculty.
In order to arrange for a capstone research project, honors scholars should:
- Once accepted into the honors scholar program, immediately look over the research areas of each faculty member to identify research topics of interest to them.
- Before spring break of junior year (as early as first year is strongly encouraged), identify three (3) or more potential faculty mentors and make arrangements to meet with them and:
- learn about their research.
- discuss the possibility of doing research in the faculty member's lab.
- Fill out the Biology Honors Scholar Research Project Exploration form and submit it to the biology department chair.
Scholarships from the Financial Aid Office
Visit the TWU Office of Financial Aid to apply for additional scholarships available to TWU biology students.
Page last updated 9:16 AM, October 14, 2019