Edible Car Contest Rules
- All forms and payments must be submitted by the registration deadline. You will receive a confirmation email once all items have been received and processed. Incomplete forms and unpaid submissions will not be processed. If you have just submitted your forms and fee, please allow 2 – 3 business days for form processing. If confirmation has not been received, it is the participant’s responsibility to confirm receipt of all application materials.
- All "car" entries must be submitted by team members for judging between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Friday, January 26, 2018, in the Hubbard Hall Banquet. Check-in will be in the main East Entrance of Hubbard Hall.
General contest rules
- Each team must consist of 4 students; at least 2 team members must be female.
- Cars must be built using only materials edible by humans (materials that cause no harm to humans). Teams may bring "cars" already assembled or assemble minor parts upon arrival.
- Submitted edible cars must "look like" a car and must not exceed the following dimensions:
- 4 inches wide (including wheels and hub caps)
- 4 inches tall (including windshield, car roof, people, etc)
- 12 inches long (including front and rear bumpers and any other extensions)
- Cars must operate on 3 - 4 rotating "wheels" and roll successfully down a ramp that is 8 to 10 feet in length, inclined at approximately 20 degrees and is approximately 7.5 inches wide (must be able to survive 3 runs down the ramp, if necessary).
- To be eligible for a prize, an entry must roll down the ramp on “wheels.”
- Each team is required to submit an itemized list of all materials used in the car, along with their estimated costs (total estimate less than $15; receipts not necessary); present this list to the Round 1 Judges.
- Each team is required to submit a statement of the theme or purpose for the car design; present to Round 1 judges.
- Each student may be on only one team.
- Each team may submit only one car.
- All team members are encouraged to attend the event but at least THREE team members are required to be present during the event and to claim any prize winnings.
- Registration forms and application fees are due in full by the registration deadline.
- It is the team’s responsibility to confirm receipt of application and fee.
- To change team members on a registration form for any purpose, a team must contact the Project Coordinator and submit a modified application by noon on the Tuesday prior to the contest. No substitutions or changes will be allowed after this date.
Page last updated 3:04 PM, September 12, 2019