Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form
The Distinguished Alumni Award is the most prestigious distinction presented to TWU alumni who have brought honor to themselves and Texas Woman’s University through their outstanding accomplishments and notable contributions to society. This award is bestowed at the Accolades Award Luncheon During Homecoming.
Please note: Persons who are employed by TWU, members of the TWU Alumni Association Board of Directors, the TWU Foundation Board, members of the TWU Board of Regents, members of the state legislature and others directly related to the regulation of higher education in the State of Texas are not eligible. These individuals are eligible five years after completing their service.
Criteria to be Considered for Award:
- At least one degree from Texas Woman’s University
- Professional experience
- Publications, research, artistic endeavors
- Volunteer service to the profession and/or the community
- Honors and awards
- Leadership roles
- Support of the University since graduation through, for example, participation in the TWU Alumni Association, involvement with students and/or service with an academic department
- Complete the Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form
- Attach a 1 page letter outlining your nominee's accomplishments and reasons you believe this nominee is deserving of the award
- Submit the Nomination Form by September 1
Once you have submitted the form you will receive an email with the link to the nominee's form. It is your responsibility to contact your nominee and give them the link to their form.
Page last updated 3:11 PM, August 13, 2019