Distinguished Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Award is given jointly by the TWU Alumni Association and the University to recognize and to honor alumni who have brought honor to themselves and to their alma mater by outstanding achievements in their chosen profession or who have made notable contributions to society in other areas of endeavor. The award is presented at the annual Accolades Awards Luncheon held during week of Homecoming in April.
How to Nominate
The nominator will be responsible for providing:
- Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form [PDF] with criteria and procedure
- A cover letter nominating the alumnae to be honored, with particular attention to the selection criteria
- A vitae or professional resume of the nominee
- Three support letters from others for the nominee
- Have at least one earned degree from TWU
- Be in attendance at the Distinguished Alumni award ceremony
- Provide the required documents for consideration
When the selections are made, recipients will be contacted and asked for:
- Permission to release information
- A photo that can accompany publications
- Any updates to their resumes.
In the event of a last-minute emergency which prevents the awardee from being present at the awards ceremony, the award may be granted in absentia. Selection for this award is made by the Alumni Awards Committee comprised of TWU faculty, staff, students and alumni.
2018 Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients
Page last updated 4:11 PM, April 25, 2018