Kappa of Texas
TWU's Kappa of Texas Alumni Association was chartered in 2000; since its induction, the chapter has made significant contributions and commitments to Phi Theta Kappa and to the university. Texas Woman's University has taken an active role in the success of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, including serving as convention sponsors in the 84th & 85th International Conferences and awarding many scholarships to outstanding students throughout the nation at these events.
"Membership is a privilege earned through scholastic aptitude, honor, and service. In the conduct of our activities, truth will be our quest, diligence our staff, and achievement our purpose."
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Program
- A minimum 3.5 grade incoming point average and 21 transferrable credit hours are required. Look below for further details!
- Students with a bachelor's degree will not be eligible. Proof of PTK membership, an application for admission, and a complete TWU STARS Scholarship application, must be on file.
- Awards are for new incoming full-time students only, and are available for up to 6 semesters.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- 21 transfer hours
- 3.5 minimum GPA
- Enrolled full-time
- Copy of Phi Theta Kappa Membership card submitted to the Financial Aid Office by the Scholarship Deadline
- TWU STARS application submitted by the Scholarship Deadline
- New Incoming Transfer Student
Active Member Requirements
- Maintain active membership in Kappa of Texas Alumni Association at TWU – for information on active membership requirements, contact Kappa of Texas Advisor, Brandon Vance for more information.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment at TWU
Please contact Brandon Vance for questions regarding Kappa of Texas.
Page last updated 3:57 PM, October 20, 2015