About the Application Process:
- Application deadlines vary by program. Most graduate degree programs accept applications year-round, with exceptions. Check the graduate catalog for details.
- Priority deadlines to apply for financial aid: Jan. 15 for fall and summer; Sept. 1 for spring
- Deadlines to apply for scholarships: March 15 for fall; Dec. 14 for spring
- Create a Pioneer Portal account after applying to TWU to apply for scholarships before acceptance
- Average application processing time varies from 3-8 weeks, depending on the programs application process
- Hold an earned bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional or general accrediting agency, or an equivalent degree from a foreign college or university
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of undergraduate study and a minimum 3.0 GPA for all prior graduate work*
- Satisfy any additional requirements of an individual academic component for admission to a specific graduate program offered by that department
*Some academic departments will consider applicants with GPAs slightly below 3.0 for provisional admission. Contact the department for details.
Texas Woman’s is proud to serve those who have served. TWU has ranked:
- A Military Friendly® School for nine consecutive years
- Among the Military Times as Best for Vets: Colleges 2019 and is included among the top 25 percent of ranked schools
TWU also provides several special services for veterans, including:
- Academic credit for military experience (when applicable)
- Early course registration
- Open door policy for personalized help with Hazelwood and GI benefits
- Student Veterans Association and veteran cords at commencement
Learn more about applying to TWU with veteran benefits and available resources.
My advisor and research committee have gone above and beyond to help me gain the skills necessary to succeed as a student and future faculty member. I am also thankful for the diversity of TWU—my worldview has expanded as I continue to work with people from all walks of life.
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply online at ApplyTexas.org
Step 2: Pay the nonrefundable application fee:
The $50 fee ($75 for international students), which applies to all applicants (new and returning) can be paid by:
- Credit card online through ApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing. Include the applicant’s full name and ID number.
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar's Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (first floor of ACT).
Application fee waivers are granted to McNair Scholar applicants only.
Step 3: Submit the following documents to TWU:
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended, undergraduate and graduate:
- Electronic transcripts must be sent through a secured system directly from the school to TWU
- Printed transcripts must be sent to TWU directly from the school or delivered personally in a sealed envelope from the institution
- Any sign of tampering will render the transcript unofficial and invalid
- For more information regarding transcripts, please visit Admissions Processing
- Official GRE, GMAT or other exam scores - if required by the department or program. Our institution code is 6826.
- TOEFL or TOEFL exemption form (permanent residents and international applicants)
- Copy of your permanent resident card, if applicable - If you have applied for permanent residency but have not yet received the INS form Notice of Action i-797 verifying approval, you will be processed as an international student.
Send certified checks, money orders, fee waivers and application materials to:
TWU Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, Texas 76204-5649
or via expedited mail to:
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204 (no Saturday delivery)
There are only a few more steps to finish.
Page last updated 11:56 AM, November 26, 2018