- Application deadlines vary by program. Most graduate degree programs accept applications year-round, with exceptions. Check the graduate catalog for details.
- Average application processing time varies from 3-8 weeks, depending on the programs application process
- Apply early for benefits, including:
- Stay up-to-date on the status of your application by creating your Pioneer Portal account and logging into WebAdvisor
- Learn more about how to check your application status
Note: Admission to the University does not automatically guarantee admission to a particular college, school or program.
How to Apply as a Graduate Student
1. Apply online at ApplyTexas.org
- Read the graduate admissions requirements
2. Pay the application fee
The $50 fee, which applies to all applicants (new and returning) can be paid by:
- Credit card online through ApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing (include your full name and ID number)
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar's Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (first floor of ADM).
3. Submit documents to TWU
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended, undergraduate and graduate. For more information regarding transcripts, please visit Admissions Processing.
- Until further notice, the GRE is not required for admissions purposes to TWU
- Program exceptions apply to the occupational therapy and physical therapy programs, which still require the GRE
- Copy of your permanent resident card, if applicable - If you have applied for permanent residency but have not yet received the INS form Notice of Action i-797 verifying approval, you will be processed as an international student.
4. Apply to your program
Most graduate programs have specific admissions requirements you must meet after acceptance to the University.
Find your program in TWU's Program, Majors & Degrees finder to see if your program has additional admission requirements and application deadlines.
Send certified checks, money orders, fee waivers and application materials to:
TWU Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, Texas 76204-5649
or via expedited mail to:
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204 (no Saturday delivery)
Learn more at an Event See all
Page last updated 12:12 PM, September 9, 2020