Official documents

TWU requires an official transcript from every institution attended. U.S. transcripts may be electronic or printed. 

Please note that academic documents provided directly by an institution and all attested documents become the property of TWU and will not be returned. 

TWU cannot accept faxed transcripts or notarized copies of academic records, from either the applicant or the institution. 

Any sign of tampering will render the transcript unofficial and invalid.

  • Electronic transcripts /test scores must be sent through a secured, third-party service directly to TWU from the sending institution (excludes international transcripts).
    • Speede, Parchment, Credentials Inc, eScrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, among others.
    • These services can send the transcripts electronically to
    • TWU cannot accept an electronic transcript directly from an applicant.
  • Printed transcripts /test scores must be sent directly from the institution to TWU, or delivered in a sealed envelope from the institution.
    • Unopened documents may be forwarded by mail to TWU by the applicant in the original sealed envelope.
    • Applicants can take official documents to the Dallas, Denton, and Houston campuses.
      • Applicants are advised to call and schedule a time to drop off documents at the Dallas and Houston locations.
  • International transcripts, individual mark sheets, diplomas, and certificates of graduation should be sent or hand delivered to the Office of Admissions Processing.
    • Documents must be originals or copies which have been attested by the issuing university or government education agency. Applicants are encouraged to provide attested copies of any academic credential that cannot be replaced.
    • Transcripts and diplomas not issued in English must be translated word for word by the issuing university, government education agency or an established translation service provider. The translated documents must be submitted in addition to official documents in the original language.
    • External credential evaluations are not required. Foreign credentials will be evaluated by TWU International Admissions staff and admission will be based on TWU's standards of evaluation.
    • See additional International Admission Requirements
  • Military transcripts are official documents that allow veterans to earn college credit based on their military training and work history completed while in service. 
  • PR Card - A copy of a Permanent Resident Card can be mailed, faxed or emailed to the Office of Admissions Processing.

Page last updated 3:27 PM, June 17, 2019