Graduate Program Admission Requirements
Admission to the TWU Graduate School. Transcripts and TOEFL scores should be submitted to: Admissions Processing, P.O. Box 425649, Denton, TX 76204.
Admission to Women's Studies. In addition to the Graduate School's admissions criteria, applicants must meet admission criteria of the Department of Women's Studies.
The Department of Women's Studies Admission Requirements
- An approved application to the TWU Graduate School
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Supporting coursework in the liberal arts and sciences or in interdisciplinary studies
- A 3 to 5 page written statement about your career goals and professional development as they relate to Women's Studies
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably from professors, if possible)
- An 8-10 page writing sample, preferably a paper from an academic course (we encourage but do not require you to use a scholarly format with works cited).
The letters of recommendation, written statement, and a writing sample should be sent to the Department of Women’s Studies, Texas Woman’s University, P.O. Box 425557, Denton, TX 76204-5557, or may be emailed as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage applicants to reveiw the NWSA GUIDE TO GRADUATE WORK IN WOMEN'S/GENDER STUDIES before submitting their applications.
Please note: GRE scores are not required. International students also should consult with the TWU Office of International Education for additional requirements.
For fall admission February 1 is the preferred deadline for the receipt of application materials. For spring admission October 15 is the preferred deadline for the receipt of application materials. Materials will be accepted after the preferred deadlines on a case-by-case basis.
- Financial Aid is available.
- Scholarships may be available.
- Teaching and research assistantships may be available.
- Information for international students is available at the TWU Office of International Education.
page updated 9/22/2014 11:15 AM