The Write Site is open to any member of the TWU community-students, faculty, and staff. Everyone is eligible for two hours of Write Site service per week.
Types of Appointments
Face-to-Face Appointments in the CFO 129
Meet with a writing tutor face-to-face in the Write Site during the day.
Please come prepared to your appointment. Bring with you:
- Printed or digital copy of your work
- Syllabus or assignment description
- Specific questions and concerns you want to cover in your appointment
Write Site @ Night Appointments in the Pioneer Center for Student Excellence.
Meet with a writing tutor in the evenings in Blagg-Huey Library, Room 221.
- Evening hours offered Sunday - Wednesday, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Face-to-face appointments only.
- Bring your work, assignment description, and questions. If you need a computer, you will have to bring your own laptop or check one out from the circulation desk.
Online Writing Lab (OWL) Appointments
Upload your paper using WCOnline and receive a critique sheet with comments via email.
- Make your appointment in WCOnline:
- Select OWL appointment.
- Paper's length is determined when document is double-spaced, in 12 point Times-New Roman
- Attach your paper before the beginning of your appointment, not during or after your time has started.
- Your paper will be emailed back to you within 48 business hours (two business days, not including weekends, holidays, or when the university is closed).
- You do not have to be at your computer for an OWL appointment.
- OWL appointments are unavailable from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Online Writing Lab Live (OWLive) Appointments
Receive live, online help using a webcam and microphone.
OWLive appointments are still in the experimental stages. Please call 940-898-2341 to schedule an OWLive appointment.
You must have a working webcam and microphone to participate in an OWLive appointment.
Length of Appointments
Appointments are either thirty minutes or an hour in length and you can have up to an hour each day. All appointments will wrap up a few minutes early, so that you can gather your belongings and tutors can prepare for the next appointment.
Writing Consultant Substitutions
Occasionally, due to schedule changes or emergencies, a writing consultant will be unavailable. We will try out best to arrange a substitute or reschedule the appointment.
Proof of Attendance
If your instructor offers extra credit or requires Write Site attendance as part of class, we are happy to provide you with proof of attendance. Just ask your writing consultant at the end of your appointment.
Sometimes, life is crazy. If you are running late or need to cancel, please call or go online to cancel your appointment. (Please don't cancel via email. The firstname.lastname@example.org email is used to send documents, so the inbox is rarely checked.) Being ten minutes late to a 30-minute appointment or fifteen minutes late to a 60-minute appointment counts as a missed appointment. Not attaching a document to an OWL session also counts as a missed appointment. After four missed appointments, WCOnline will automatically disable your account and you will be unable to make appointments for the rest of the semester.
Make an Appointment
page last updated 2/10/2014 2:00 PM