The Hazlewood Legacy program is a tuition and fee waiver for children, under the age of 26, of Texas veterans.
Hazlewood Legacy Qualifications
Legal dependents of Texas veterans include; biological children, adopted children, step-children, and tax claimed dependents. They are eligible to receive up to 150 credit hours, provided that the veteran parent has not previously used any of the hours. Only one legal dependent may use this benefit at a time.
If the veteran is 100% disabled then each dependent of the veteran may be awarded their own set of 150 credit hours, including spouses. To find more information about the Hazlewod Act go to the Texas Veterans Commission website.
1) Hazlewood Dependent application to be filled out by dependent and Veteran parent application to be filled out by veteran
2) Veteran parent's DD214(member #4) –Military discharge form
3) Copy of Birth Certificate or Current Income Tax return
4) If you have used the benefit before you will need to have your prior school submit the Hours Request form to the TWU Certifying Officials office by fax or email.
- Tuition and fees are waived, not to include student service fees, for up to 150 credit hours
- Books and housing is not covered by Hazlewood Legacy
page updated 3/28/2013 9:45 AM