skip to content

The Office of Undergraduate Studies and Academic Partnerships reviews student requests, forms and appeals on a daily basis.† In each instance, it is best practice for students to see their adviser first and for the adviser to make the appeal or request on behalf of the student.† Appointments, if needed, are required of students prior to visiting our offices.

Core and Global Evaluations

For students transferring courses from†out-of-state or private institutions which may fulfill core or global perspectives requirements, the advisor may complete a†Core and/or Global Evaluation†form for submission to the Office of Undergraduate Studies and Academic Partnerships.

Send degree substitutions to the Registrar.† †Please use a†Degree Plan Substitution form for non-core substitution requests and send it directly to the Registrar.† [For core substitutions, please use either of the first two forms above, based on the student's catalog year.]

Study Abroad

Advisers should first see students to determine course equivalencies for the†STUDY ABROAD TRANSFER CREDIT PRE-APPROVAL FORM.††Harlaxton equvialencies are available online.

After the adviser has signed the form, the student may bring the form to the Office of Undergraduate Studies for approval and signature.††Students are advised to call ahead for an appointment.†

Threepeat Policy

In implementing the General Appropriations Act of 2003, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board has established the following policy.† "Public institutions of higher education may not submit for formula funding credit or contact hours attempted by students who have enrolled in courses containing the same content for a third or more times at institutions since September 1, 2002."†

For exceptions to be considered, students should meet with their adviser who can submit an email or memo to the Associate VP for Undergraduate Studies.

Excess Hours

Any Texas resident student who enrolls for more than the state limit for excess hours: 45 hours beyond the degree plan for students who entered higher education in a Texas public college before fall 2006; 30 hours beyond the degree plan for students who enter higher education in fall 2006 or thereafter.

This requirement affects students initially enrolling in Texas public institutions of higher education fall 1999 or later.† Complete State of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules:†

1.† Complete a†Release of Excess Hours Information†form.† The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board does not provide TWU with†your total hours attempted at all Texas Public higher education institutions.† You'll need to complete the audit request form to receive this total.

2.† Fax the completed form to the Office of Undergraduate Studies at 940-898-3001 or you may scan and email it to

3.† Upon receipt of your audit results, make an appointment with your academic advisor.

4.† Share your TOTAL SCH with your adviser so that she or he can assist you in creating a plan for degree completion,†considering your current SCH and total allowable SCH.

Note: If you are a double major, be sure to notify your adviser and the Registrar's office.† Your minimum hours to complete your degree will be adjusted.

Additionally, Financial Aid has a separate hour limit for funded hours.† Please contact Financial Aid directly if you receive notification from them.

For an FAQ and full policy, visit†

Drop Limit

The Drop Limit Policy is explained in detail here:††† Students may request an excused drop through use of the drop form with additional documentation.

Instructions for Drop Form

You, your instructor and your advisor must sign the†Drop/Add form.† If you would like to have the drop excused, circle the applicable reason on the form.† For reasons 1-4 see Student Life.† For reasons 5-6, visit the Office of Undergraduate Studies, preferably by appointment.† Additional documentation will be required.

Academic Problem Resolution Form

Problem Resolution Form

Grade Appeal Policy (from the 2013-2015 General Catalog)†

University grade appeal procedures shall be followed.† Appeals must begin with an appeal to the faculty no later than 10 class days after the grade decision is made.† If a student wishes to appeal the decision further, appeals are made in writing beginning with the associate dean, chair, or program director's level and following department, college or school procedures for additional levels.† Graduate students may appeal to the graduate dean and undergraduate students may appeal to the Office of Undergraduate Studies if grade issues are not resolved at the college level.† Appeals at each level must be made in writing no later than 10†class days after the date of the decision of the previous level.† The ten days for appeals at each level do not include weekends, holidays or days between academic sessions.† All grade changes must be made through†the Registrar's Office within one year of the original grade assignment.††

Academic Dean's List

Based on a term grade point average of 3.5-3.99 †in a fall or spring semester, undergraduate students who complete at least 12 graded credit hours (excluding courses with pass/fail) are eligible for the Deanís List in recognition of their excellence in academic work. Students are notified of this honor by their Dean.

Academic Chancellor's List

Based on a term grade point average of 4.0 in a fall or spring semester, undergraduate students who complete at lease 12 graded credit hours (excluding pass/fail) are eligible for the Chancellor's List in recognition of the excellence in academic work.† Students are notified of this honor by the Office of the Chancellor.

Graduation with Honors

Graduating seniors whose cumulative grade point average (GPA) reflects excellent scholarship are awarded their degree cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude. A minimum of†30 semester credit hours must be earned at TWU to qualify for this recognition. The cumulative GPA ranges for these graduation honors designations are listed below.

Summa Cum Laude 3.900 and above

Magna Cum Laude 3.700 -3.899

Cum Laude 3.500 - 3.699

Graduation honors recognition at the commencement ceremony is based on the cumulative GPA at the end of the semester prior to the final semester. Graduation honors recognition as recorded on the diploma or posted to the official transcript is based on the cumulative GPA at the end of the final semester.

page last updated 10/11/2016 12:25 PM